ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaky Sunroof-both sides of the car?

PH 2 1.2 dynamique
I Know this has prob been posted up before, but my sunroof is leaking and i dont know what could allow the water to get in.

The rubber seal under the sunroof itself is loose and will easily come out (if glass is taken out) and i see water under there leaking in both sides?

Any ideas on solutions people?????

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
The seal needs to be re-sealed, bad time for it to happen, but all clio's with sunroof suffer from this.

You could try and unblock the channels though,as maybe the water is building up and stays in the sunroof area

PH 2 1.2 dynamique
It does look like water is sitting on the sunroof and draining into my car lol

any ideas on how to reseal the seal???

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
To re-seal the sunroof, you need to take the inside roof out, and then pursue with removing the glass seal etc, then get some black silicon water-tight adhesive and re-seal the bugger,

mine so far hasnt done it this year, but sister has, so il have to do that before winter

Oil Burner
Pretty easy job to do, do a search i put a guide up about a month ago (that you wont have to pay for)

PH 2 1.2 dynamique
Then aye get it back in for them to look at then. Should try and angle for a courtesy car as well.

Thy want to charge me for it!!!!!! F*cking Cheek if u ask me
Dont think it is courteous if i have to pay for it

Last edited:
  PH 2 1.2 dynamique
If they wont do it under warranty then do it yourself, takes a few hours and £5 tops.

They said they would but would need the car for a full day and wanna charge me for a courtesy car? (how is it a courtesy car if i am being charged for it???)

PH 2 1.2 dynamique
Oh woop woop, Renault covered the hire car under warrenty!!!

also they only managed to find out that the sunroof frame needs to be replaced (from the car being in a FULL DAY!!!!!!!!) so still got a leaky roof, which dont bothered me cause the nice weather now lol.

gotta wait for the time wasters to get back to me when they got the part!!!

Oil Burner
The frames warp over time, which makes the standard seal no use. Renault sell a fix which is just a thicker seal. So you can either replace the frame (expensive) or put a thicker seal on (cheaper).

PH 2 1.2 dynamique
The frames warp over time, which makes the standard seal no use. Renault sell a fix which is just a thicker seal. So you can either replace the frame (expensive) or put a thicker seal on (cheaper).

I said to them that all i wanted was to have silicone round it so it didn't f*cking leak lol thy looking into it to see if it covered under warrenty, if not, i got some work on me hands lol

Oil Burner
Honestly its very little work. Maybe 1 hour once you know what your doing (there are a few guides about)

Putting silicone on the outside frame of the car doesnt work as it just comes off after not very long. When i refitted my sunroof with the new foam seal ontop of the frame i also put a line of silicone under the plastic trim that sits ontop of the roof (as there is a seal under there as well).

PH 2 1.2 dynamique
Well i took it all out and only managed to find the outter seal which looked really worn and flat lol so siliconed it to hell and hopefully tht has stopped it, tht and tightening up the bolts big time lol

One Phat Clio
im also having problems, 2day i got in the car to only find my entire seat p13s wet thru, so anoying.

i dont understand where the siliconing comes into action, do i remove everything?! :eek: