ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaking sunroof

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
put my sunroof up to end the rare sun we get and a bit of the clip snapped off when shutting it. just realised today the interior at the front of the sunroof is damp.. after replacing the clip will it be alright? or is this something i should get a pro to look at?

FF Clio 182
Leaking sunroof = yet another common fault :) I had that problem I stripped everything around my sunroof then went OTT with silicone sealant to stop it leaking. Temporary fix is to run Vaseline on the outside edge between the rubber and the roof :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Replace the clip of a breaking car, if it doesn't solve it, it shouldn't be difficult to figure out why it's leaking. If it's the one I'm thinking of you can totally remove it, then clean all the seals of any moss and grit etc.

1.5 dci Expression
My misses had a leak on hers! It turned out the drain tubes had become blocked (one in each corner) so the water was filling up the channel and coming in over the rim!! Cleared the tubes, et voila!!! ;)

is it difficult job to replace manual sunroof to automatic on on mk2 facelift clio 2002
​? :)

If its leaking you don't generally replace the sunroof you can pay renault to replace the frame/seal for £350 or u can remove and get some clear sealant and put it back in with sealant and that should sort it there is a guide on here

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Theres a company that are good that fixes them for £120. It's usually the seal which looks easy to do, and they're about £50. Clean the sunroof seals and the drain holes.

Audi A5
Theirs a couple things it can be that's causing the water leak.

First thing check the drains, tip water into these on each side, your be able to see little holes towards the front of the frame on each side. The water should drain an come out by the front wheels.

If the drains seem all ok, I'd probably say its going to be the seal between the frame and the roof. What we usually do is remove the frame, remove the old perished seal and then bond the frame down with mastic. That will all most definitely solve it.

I do these for £50

Saying all that though, if you removed a clip and now it's started surely that's your first port of call.

Theirs a couple things it can be that's causing the water leak.

First thing check the drains, tip water into these on each side, your be able to see little holes towards the front of the frame on each side. The water should drain an come out by the front wheels.

If the drains seem all ok, I'd probably say its going to be the seal between the frame and the roof. What we usually do is remove the frame, remove the old perished seal and then bond the frame down with mastic. That will all most definitely solve it.

I do these for £50

Saying all that though, if you removed a clip and now it's started surely that's your first port of call.

Hi mate could you link me to the product you use to seal please? :)

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
I also had the problem of a leaking sunroof and after hours of searching on the internet, I figured it had to be the seal around the sunroof so I spent a good few hours resealing the whole thing to find out it still leaked.

After looking at it again, I noticed the sunroof must be able to split in two halves or something?? As there was a seal all the way round and the drivers side looked as though it had been pushed in (the side that was leaking). I simply stuck some silicone in the gap and there hasn't been a leak since. It might be worth checking that out before resealing the whole thing like me to find out it was something so simple.

It's kind of hard to explain the seal that I'm on about though. The seal was in the drain runner area.

Audi A5
Hmm, not sure, maybe lol. The stuff we use is black not clear but that's all I can remember. Ill check the name of it tomorrow and report back.