ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leak from the front of the engine

Dynamique+ 1.4
The pipe that sits on the right hand side of the engine (when facing towards the car) and runs paralell in front of the radiator/fan or whatever is dripping some yellowly oily greasy stuff? what is it? and how do i sort it?

BMW M135i
Get a pic? It won't be PAS fluid as if its a dynamique its a Ph2-> so it'll have electric pas.

The only pipes round there I can remember are the coolant hoses, if it a fatish one that runs from the side of the engine to the rad then its the main coolant hose to the top of the radiator from the thermostat housing.

If its that and its oily and yellow then your looking at possible HGF as oil is getting into the coolant.

Is it the one in the bottom of this pic?
http://gallery.getflat.co.uk/v/My_Cars/2003_Clio_16_16v_Dynamique/Clutch_Pt2/14052007040.jpg.html

And to the lower left of this one?
http://gallery.getflat.co.uk/v/My_Cars/2003_Clio_16_16v_Dynamique/Clutch_Pt2/14052007042.jpg.html

Dynamique+ 1.4
Andy thats my problem same colour same thingy that its dripping off, good job i stil have a few weeks left on warrenty on my car really innit. Yes i do have air con and i think it is the aircon rad :(

Last edited:

Andy8CH

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Mk2
There is a metal cylinder attached to the AC Rad which is in front of the normal coolant rad.
BMH.01 - you cannot see it in your pics - you have to look under the car...

BMW M135i
Right get you know, its the AC condenser. Wipe the oil off and see if it reappears for a start. Try to see exactly where its coming from.

Dynamique+ 1.4
Ive wiped away all the stuff off it, there wasnt really a great deal ill check it again in the morning before i go to work, not sure really where its coming from the whole pipe was fairly sorta greasy if you get me...

Andy8CH

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Mk2
Mine seemed to be leaking from the top - there is a metal pipe that goes into the top and it looked like the seal had broken.
You have to take the airbox out to have a look..
If it's under warranty get it back to Renault.. Just make sure it's not a stone that's damaged it as they won't do it for free!!

I've attached a better pic of the 'tube'

Attachments

• IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 78
  Dynamique+ 1.4
ah yeah thats what it is well it was bought from a 2nd hand dealer im guna hav to look properly in the day tomorrow although im bloody useless with engines...

Last edited: