ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans 2013

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Tbh weve not had any issues as yet, everything is packed up sunday afternoon/ eveing then its just the tents to down monday morning, traditional maccys then homeward bound.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Everything is burnt/drunk Sunday night, anything left is destroyed in a hungover rage Monday morning (the first year we didn't even bother with the tent.. Tom ran it over in the Lolvo, Vish threw a trolley full of stuff at it and we left... then Maccers' WC was destroyed....

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Everything is burnt/drunk Sunday night, anything left is destroyed in a hungover rage Monday morning (the first year we didn't even bother with the tent.. Tom ran it over in the Lolvo, Vish threw a trolley full of stuff at it and we left... then Maccers' WC was destroyed....

How can you lot afford to be burning tents, tv's and fridges every year. Because high rollers?

330i. E30 Touring.
The first tent got left as it was pissing down.

For the sake of £13 each, it got left. Wouldn't burn though. :(

The second year we brought it back because it was dry. TV's and fridges we get given, so you might as well torch/smash them up!

330i. E30 Touring.
How important is that we also take a gazebo, given that we'll have a 10-man tent with a central communal area already...?

How many of you are going?

It's not that big in the central bit, especially for someone like Ollie(both Cub and Parker).

Nice to be outside tbh. Just take umbrellas if you haven't got a gazebo.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5

It's not that big in the central bit, especially for someone like Ollie(both Cub and Parker).

Nice to be outside tbh. Just take umbrellas if you haven't got a gazebo.

Don't forget Tom's in that lanky/unhealthy/lightweight group..

Its also nice to be able to generally all fit/sit under a gazebo it if its raining/blazing hot and Mikes BBQing 'stuff'. the space in the middle of our tent is usually taken up by a general bags, two fridges etc...

It's 21 days.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member

We will be 8... with umbrellas/parasols ;)

Any suggestions on where to source a fridge? I think Oli is sorting our electricity hookup so it only seems right that we take full advantage (of the facilities, not him... although... ahem).

330i. E30 Touring.
We will be 8... with umbrellas/parasols ;)

Any suggestions on where to source a fridge? I think Oli is sorting our electricity hookup so it only seems right that we take full advantage (of the facilities, not him... although... ahem).

If you're in Houx, you just need loads of extension leads.

Fridge, I put up a note on my work notice board every year asking for someone's old one if they're getting a new one.

Either that or gumtree etc.

Suzuki Jimny
I would really like to go but i've been put off by the stories of people having things stolen/burnt/crashed into/cars broken into/general chav behaviour etc.

Is it really that bad?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, we booked all individually but under my name. We'll have to get organised as soon as we get back this year rather than wait until December/January.

The only difficult thing would be to find out who wants to actually go, like all those from last year and more.

That's what holds us up, where as Failsport know they have a solid 10-12 and can just book.

330i. E30 Touring.
I would really like to go but i've been put off by the stories of people having things stolen/burnt/crashed into/cars broken into/general chav behaviour etc.

Is it really that bad?

Nope. Not if you stay in the right place and you're sensible.

Leave stuff out in public and it'll go missing, like anywhere.

To sum it up in my experience, the first year we were camped 30ft from an Original GT40. People were walking past and looking at it all the time but not one person laid a finger on it. Compare that with Goodwood where you've got all sorts of mongs peering in the window/leaning on Ferrari's for pictures.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
+ there's Mike's E30 cab and Ryans V6... although they're not as bargy as the 5 series barge.