ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laser Wheel Alignment

182 Cup
Just had this laser wheel alignment as I've had 2 new tyres put on.

The steering wheel isn’t straight and the traction + serv lights are now permanently on. I’m getting him to come back on Monday to sort it, do you think it’s ok to drive in the mean time?

Looking for 182
The lights should go off after a while, I'm pretty sure it's normal for them to be on after this, although I haven't had mine done for a while so not sure. I just vaguely remember this happening when I last got mine done.

As for the wheel not being straight, yeah, he needs to sort that. I'm sure it's fine to drive in the mean time.

clio 182
Why the hell would a abs light be on after having the tracking done
did he have the sensors unplugged with the ignition turned on?

If so it should have cleared after a very short distance
so I suspect there's a under lying fault like a damaged exciter ring
make sure he fixes it

Looking for 182
Why the hell would a abs light be on after having the tracking done
did he have the sensors unplugged with the ignition turned on?

If so it should have cleared after a very short distance
so I suspect there's a under lying fault like a damaged exciter ring
make sure he fixes it

I don't bloody know!!!! Like I said, I'm not 100% sure, I just remember getting something done in the past and being told that some lights would be on for a while afterwards. It's completely possible I'm getting completely mixed up with another bit of work I had done, but I just thought it was worth mentioning just in case!?

Twingo RS
I think they have a steering wheel position sensor which may be why the lights are on. If not then they have damaged somthing.

If someone thinks its acceptable to leave your car like that after doing a simple job like tracking, you should not let them near the car again.

If your near Leicester, Tyres Galore are excellent. £26 quid. Full computer alignment and they strap the wheel straight before they adjust anything.

They do ALL of Renault Leicester's tracking for them.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
To be fair I took mine to demon tweaks, after two gos they couldn't get the steering wheel to line up, got a member to do it off here ith some string, did far better job.