ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop Insurance

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Looking around for laptop insurance atm but I'd just like to see if theres anyone on here who can offer some advise / recommendations as to who to take up a policy with.

I've got a Macbook Pro (worth about £1500 new) and my parents REALLY don't want to put it under the household insurance as they don't want to risk having to possibly claim on something so expensive which leaves the house regularly ...basically for them the risk is just too high (and they're tight b******s :( !!)

I've searched through google and got a few quotes (ranging from app. £80 - £150) but the majority are obscure companies which i've never heard of before and some of the reviews are pretty off-putting too tbh! I don't want to hand over my monies to some cheeky prick in nigeria who's gonna rip me off!!

Has anybody on cliosport.net had any experiences with this type of thing??

Cheers guys
Phil

E87 118d M Sport
Ive got "Gadget insurance" with my bank. Part of an additions package you pay £5 or so a month for. Also insured my iPhone 4 on it.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
What bank is that, Mark? Sounds like something I should have!!

OP, try http://www.gloverhowe.com/

I had my camera equipment insured with them and they were excellent.

would they insure just a laptop without any camera equipment on the policy? Also, i should've mentioned this in my original post but im looking for insurance that covers accidental damage (inc. liquid), theft, breakdown etc... this thing literally goes everywhere with me now so i want all the bases covered.

Lloyds used to do it too by the looks of things, but don't anymore.

Natwest appear to still do something similar.