ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop fan

TT
I own a Dell precision M70, and it has two cooling fans, a large one and a small one, the small one has died on me, does anyone know where i can get it fixed, and for how much?would PCWorld cover it?

Clio DCi 65
Ud most likely have to contact dell,

I wouldnt think fitting it would be all that hard if u have any computer knowledge?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How old is it, can't you get a warentee fix on it, and don't laptop fans only come on when needed?

TT
umm, maybe about 2 years old, and yeah, but this one is not working, for definate, it gets supremely hot, and the other fan goes crazy! i have computer knowledge (doing Business IT at uni) but i dont know how to get this laptop apart, well i tried my old one, and it just wouldnt come apart, lol il contact Dell though, see if they can help me, maybe its just a Dell part!

Depends where the fan is.. as to how easy it is to change.
Probably quite simple tho.. laptop's come apart easy.. it's the putting back together which takes the time.. lots of screws!

Hopefully, you have the 3Y NBD Dell On-Site Warranty? Then they'll send someone out to fit a new fan ;)

sure there isnt any dust blocking it?

My laptop has 5! fans and they suck in the dust like nothing else.

TT
sure there isnt any dust blocking it?

My laptop has 5! fans and they suck in the dust like nothing else.

One fans on far left, ones on far right, its definatly not blocked by dust, it physically doesnt move. Il have a look for the warrenty, didnt realise it was 3 years, the only problem is, is that i dont have the time for them to take it away from me for like a week or two (because normally you have to send it away) because im at uni, and i need my computer for my work?! is there away i can get it sorted without losing my computer for ages?

There are usually service manuals on ebay for a couple of quid that explain how to properly take apart the laptop, and lists all the part numbers for replacement parts. Wether u can buy the parts seperatly is another issue.