ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Splitter looks very tidy, guessing it's the same bumper with fogs removed?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Splitter looks very tidy, guessing it's the same bumper with fogs removed?

It’s actually a completely different bumper, the splitter is bolted and self tapped into the bumper and bolted to the engine brace underneath — Only tested to 90mph, though!

The fog holes are now brake ducts, with some nice direct airflow...

d086c4bf9b179a265bf2a364602998d8.jpg

3f572dc760d7cb7db70239714be8a9ef.jpg

015dd6c0b01fd27e589f05cd4eb0615d.jpg

Last chance for this brake setup before I go all Alcon.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Damn that sucks.

Try and strip loads of weight out?? Less mass to stop, less work for the brakes to do?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Damn that sucks.

Try and strip loads of weight out?? Less mass to stop, less work for the brakes to do?

Getting a DTI on everything this weekend, then we’ll see. The car isn’t super heavy, and the workload is no more than these huge Alcons should be able to comfortably do lap after lap.

Evo 5 RS
Saw a nice looking white Evo 8 or 9 on the back of a flatbed in Godstone earlier. Was in traffic so couldn't stop to have a nose.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Nope! First day of shopping tomorrow, funnily enough :/
Looking at an FK2 Civic, Focus RS Mk3, S3 and an A45 AMG.

As you can see, I don't have a clue what I want yet lol. This will be the daily drive, mind you.

That shot's ace

View attachment 1412827

Haven’t looked what FK8’s are at the mo’, I think if I had to have one car to do it all, it’d be one of them.

Although 4WD is immense fun when it’s greasy out. Out of your list I think FRS is the only permanent 4WD setup, the other two are haldex-y?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Horror storys aside the Focus RS has gotta be the closer match to the Evo than a Civic or A45?

I'm not even sure if all RS's were effected or it was just a small number?
Providing the headgasket issue has been sorted they aren't terribly problematic and a simple remap see's about 400 bhp which is very nice.

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
I dunno, I drove the A45 today and it was brilliant TBH. I spoke with them about the Evos as JKS sells a great deal of them, and we both agreed that they end up being the bar of measure for a lot of this stuff, but it's just not practical to think that way anymore. I didn't realise this one had been tuned by DMS, too. It's 430BHP, went like an absolute rocket.

Bottom line is nothing from the factory feels as raw as an Evo.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Except the 1-3's don't have AYC and have the engine the wrong way around, then the 4's don't have brembo's or the nice wider arches.

Evo 5 RS
It's that surge of boost on the Evo, it's just so raw. In reality the A45 would be quicker than my old 8 mr despite being around the same peak figures, but it didn't feel it. I couldnt' drive the Evo every day, though. But a lot of people end up going back...then missing a more modern car after doing so

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure you could map a newer car to come on boost in similar fashion, it's just that more modern engine maps bring the power in much more smoothly to provide a better ride. They aren't hobbled with donkey old turbos.

Evo 5 RS
lol, the 80 series is a cracking turbo. Made my Evo feel absolutely brutal...the cars just aren't suited for the modern world or every day driving. They're either on, or they're on. There is no in-between. Comfort Mode on the A45 is a bit sludge...it does what it says on the tin, caught me out a bit when leaving roundabouts.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Did you drive the others you mentioned? RS or Civic? Would be interest to see how you thought they compared.

Sider

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio

Attachments

• 6657B5EB-62FD-46A6-88DB-FD2F5450379A.jpeg
    6657B5EB-62FD-46A6-88DB-FD2F5450379A.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 30A395B7-B528-4B7F-9470-BCBDFC0089B8.jpeg
    30A395B7-B528-4B7F-9470-BCBDFC0089B8.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 282

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member