ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda vs MAP sensor

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Alright folks. Had an 'engine management light' pop up the other day, and then disappear again a few days later. Checked it with a clip, and while the engine is running, the pre cat lambda is running at 19mV (not the few hundred mV it should be), but with the ignition on/engine off it reads at 400 odd mV, which is exactly as it should be. Planning on changing the upstream lambda, but could it be the MAP sensor at fault instead?? Considering the lambda reads fine with the ignition on.

Apologies for the essay and many thanks [emoji5][emoji5]

Renault Clio 2003
Lambda sensors go bad often. MAP sensors do not go bad as often. So based on statistics, I would go for the lambda. But are there any other symptoms? A failing MAP sensor would probably cause pretty noticeable running problems. A failing lambda sensor might cause the emission readings and the fuel consumption to be a bit off.

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Lambda sensors go bad often. MAP sensors do not go bad as often. So based on statistics, I would go for the lambda. But are there any other symptoms? A failing MAP sensor would probably cause pretty noticeable running problems. A failing lambda sensor might cause the emission readings and the fuel consumption to be a bit off.

Bang on there, emissions are poor at the moment and fuel consumption is up as its running rich (I think). Don't think there's any other symptoms to speak of... idle doesn't, but never has, sounded particularly steady, think that's normal on these cars. Thanks for the help, I'll get a proper Bosch lambda and see what happens when I switch it out! Fingers crossed! Tah again!