ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad idle

Hi,
My engine rebuilding is done, now its just needs to do a few miles. But I have the same problem as before. It has very bad idle when it's warm.
The whole engine is done, and aux and timing belt are changed ofcourse.
My readings on map sensor on hot idle is about 460mbar. Does anyone knows is this alright? And my readings on lambda before cat is very irattic, it suddenly drops from 600mV to 70mV. I know that lambda sensor reading should oscillate but i have an impression that this is just too much. Can anyone help me with this?

Best regards

Lambda is meant to switch quickly, slow would indicate a problem usually.
Yes, I agree with you. But readings goes below 100mV, and from my previous experience on other cars it shouldn't go below 150mV. This is why I asked does anyone knows for this particular car is that normal.

Cheers

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, I agree with you. But readings goes below 100mV, and from my previous experience on other cars it shouldn't go below 150mV. This is why I asked does anyone knows for this particular car is that normal.

Cheers

I'd have to log mine and see what it says, but that does sound low actually.

dan's cast offs.
As long as it doesn't hit 0 or 1v don't worry about it. You need to graph it though to make sure it's behaving itself.