ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda sensor help. decat

172cup
Basically i bought a de-cat a few weeks ago went to fit it and the lambda sensor holes are rounded. Was going to tap it but no one has a tap bigger enough. Spoke to a mate and he suggested welding the holes up and taking the sensors off.
Will this work?
Do they have to be plugged in?

Any help would be great.

ITB'd MK1
ah rubbish :(

get yourself a thread chaser and you might be able to restore the thread to a usable state. If not then you'll need to weld in a new lambda boss

Artic Blue 182 FF
I believe the sensors need to be in for the engine to run properly. Even without the cat.

monaco 172
Is this different on 1.2s Danny? I ran my 182 with a decat that didn't have a lambda hole so I just unplugged the lambda from the car and it ran perfectly fine

Edit. Sorry didn't realise you said both holes are stripped, so I assume that on a 1.2 both lambada are on the cat pipe.

monaco 172
Well on mine the front lambda Is on the manifold and the other on the cat. The one in the cat does naff all and the car runs without it.

However if your saying both holes for yours are nackered and both in the cat then you at least need the front one sorted and plugged in