ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lake District Photoshoot Meet (01-08-10)

Italian 3.2 V6
So thinking of organising a Gathering for photoshoot meet on the Sunday (01-08-10). Haven't decided on a location yet as I'm just testing the water to see what interest in this there is. Want to try and get an minimum of 6 people.

All Renaults are welcome!

Discuss..

PSJ.

Mini Cooper S
Re: Cumbria Photoshoot Meet. 01-08-10

Count me in! Have you thought of any locations yet?!

Nashy

A moody 182

Well if I am not away that wkd I'll be there... be great to finally meet up with some fellow clio nuts...

As to location you want somewhere scenic for photos lol :cool:

Italian 3.2 V6

Ok cool, yea was thinking somewere in the lakes maby!? But no haven't come to any decisions on location yet, any suggestions are more than welcome!

Also we will all grab a bite to eat for a banta etc ;)

PSJ.

A moody 182

Martindale overlooking Ullswater is somewhere we often go for photos..... or Hartside??

everywhere is gonna be crawling with tourists whatever

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

I might turn up in the Disco ;)

Trophy #321

I'm up for it, eager to meet with some people with real cars :) anywhere's good with me, lakes especially though I'm half way there from Carlisle. Ad

RB & LY 182

Lakes is about 1 hour drive for me!

Count me in then!

Ive got my m.o.t at Birchdown the next day on the monday full brake system change and new sabelt RS steering wheel fitted!

Italian 3.2 V6

Sounding good people!!

So who's the pro for the pics? Anyone handy with a cam here? Would be nice to get some pro pics on the day.

I'm just a rookie with a 1000D.

PSJ.

clio sport 172

Cheers piers im up for this, just let me know when and ill drive up with you:)

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300

I should be able to come to this.

i mite be able to cum if i aint busy. u dont wana go up hartside to many pot holes.. wat bwt windermere?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300

windermere would be good but really busy?!? someone make a list of suggestions and see what we can come up with....

1.windermere
2.Hartside
3.Middleton-on--teesdale?
4.Hamwes?

A moody 182

windermere would be good but really busy?!? someone make a list of suggestions and see what we can come up with....

1.windermere
2.Hartside
3.Middleton-on--teesdale? (Brough to Middleton road??)
4.Hawes?
5. Tan Hill
6.Swaledale/Arkengarthdale
7. Martindale (above Ullswater, always good for pictures, but prob too busy).
8. Lowther??

Mini Cooper S

Looks like a few are up for this! Just hope everyone turns up!!

Nashy

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300

well i am a man of my word.... so i will be there unless i hear voices in my head telling me to go to pub.....

Mini Cooper S

I would say the voices in your head will always win as mine does!! Lol

Nashy

RB 182

I *should* be able to make it along to this, although i'm down in Derby the day before, but it should be right :)

Italian 3.2 V6

Just need weather to be brill n we could be off to a fantastic day!

Hartside is calling me, but tbh I'm not too fussed, just want a big ass meet with some epic pics!! ..

So who else fancys were!?!? Need to narrow down a location asap!

PSJ.

A moody 182

How about this for a variety of photo ops......meet in Penrith.... for town/carpark pictures then trip to Lowther/Askham for scenic (country estate and all that.... trees/grass/castle/scenic village) then through to Pooley Bridge (another scenic village) and up to Martindale for twisty steep roads/views of fells/sky and ullswater lake/sheep etc etc (all very Top Gear) via Ullswater itself ( lake shore photos) and then can go back around to Patterdale etc. Tourists are the only downer this time of year but gonna be similar most places....

A moody 182

The utimate of course would be Kirkstone, Hardknott and Wynose passes...... but I need to get my back springs done first!!

RB 182

What about over Honister Pass? I'm sure there's a few spots to get some pics the other side of it, and it's also an awesome road to drive too....

Could head up to Surprise View aswell on the way, car park up there might be good to get some pics, but also the chance to get some good pics of the lake and whatnot from, funnily enough, Surprise View lol.

clio sport 172

Just a thought but why not sack the lakes off. Too many caravans and slow drivers!
The roads by kielder water and through to Scotland are good!! Just thinking about a good photo opportunity by the dam!

RB 182

Kielder has some great spots too, good call. Kielder then to Jed/A68, a few good spots along there too, and yet again, awesome driving roads, then from the A68 back through to Lockerbie is a great road.

Italian 3.2 V6

Some good shouts here!

Kliorsi's sounds good mind..

PSJ

Italian 3.2 V6

Me 2, I'm easy. I want to involve u guys as much as poss ;)

PSJ.

A moody 182

Hadnt thought of Kielder.... top idea too...

Looks like I'm definately coming now :rasp:... my first cliosport outing....

RB 182

How's about....

Meet in Penrith > Hartside - pics > Alston > B6277 to Middleton-in-Teesdale (fast sweeping road) there's a resevior along there for more pics > High Force waterfall (more pics) > Middleton-in-Teesdale (food?) > Brough (Selset resevoir for more pics?) > Brough village......

A moody 182

How's about....

Meet in Penrith > Hartside - pics > Alston > B6277 to Middleton-in-Teesdale (fast sweeping road) there's a resevior along there for more pics > High Force waterfall (more pics) > Middleton-in-Teesdale (food?) > Brough (Selset resevoir for more pics?) > Brough village......

Agree Hartside and Middleton Roads are mint and plenty of picture opportunites esp as its fairly quiet, esp between Alston and Middleton.... You cant get anywhere near the Waterfall at Highforce and have to Pay to get in the carpark (carpark is fairly boring anyhow), however could be a place to visit if any of you need to keep "the other half" sweet.... not a good place for food really Middleton... and Brough is not a very exciting place really.... food of course at Hartside cafe....

Mini Cooper S

Im not fussed where we go havent been to any of the places mentioned so will be great for me!! aslong as piers keeps off the lead foot!!;)

Nashy

RB 182

Yeah the waterfall part was for "the other half" but mine got binned a while back, so I can drive straight on by there LOL!!

Wasn't sure what Middleton was like for food, and yeah, Brough was mentioned just as we pass through on the way back from Selset really....

Think I still prefer the Lakes though tbh, even if it will be full of tourists/caravanners/walkers....

A moody 182

Yeah the waterfall part was for "the other half" but mine got binned a while back, so I can drive straight on by there LOL!!

I hope there is gonna be some girlfriends coming along... I dont really wanna be the only female :eek: