ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laguna F4R TB on a 1.4

Megane 225 F1
Ok theres been a few threads recently about making the smaller 1.4 / 1.6 engines quicker. And one thing that seems to pop up alot is the F4R throttle body. What does this do exactly? Easy to fit? Make a difference?

Current setup is a Prospeed cat back ss exhaust and a simota ram induction.

I know that the simota is bad, so im thinking of just changing it for a pannel fitler of some sort. Maybe a 1*2 airbox with a pannel filter.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if the 1.4 throttle body is the same as the 1.6 then yes it will fit, its slightly bigger which in theory will give you a bit more air especially if paired with airbox/filter mods, not sure if you will notice it or not tho....

just stick with your standard airbox, remove the resonator and use a cold air feed to the air duct infront of the battery

Megane 225 F1
What i dont like about the standard airbox is that it is huge! The 1.4 and 1.6 engine is the same, just the 1.6 has a bigger bottom end i think. How hard wouild it to be to fit.?

320d
I thought you where going for a 172 last month?

I wouldn't bother trying to convert your 1.4 into a 1.6. Your cars in good condition and will have good resale prospects. Start chopping and changing engines etc and it won't.

I'd only do it if you going to go all the way with the engine and do ITB's, cams etc.

Megane 225 F1
Lol money became a problem so no 172 :(

Not looking to convert to a 1.6, thats expensive and un-neccesary. Just thought the tb would be a simple easy mod that can be removed before sale :p

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
k4m bottom end should bolt straight on giving an instant 10bhp and more torque id have thought! not that its that quick but cheap easy power since engines pop up cheap, just map the 1.4 ecu.

Megane 225 F1
Could i not put the bottom end from the 1.6 on my 1.4 and replace my 1.4 ecu with the 1.6 ecu?

Clio 1.6L 16V
Go for the F4R TB, is the same TB and it will fit like the original TB. You can replace the bottom from the 1.6 and do a remap, I think it's easier and cheaper.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
to change to the 1.6 ecu would require the ecu coded to the car so really your cheaper just mapping the 1.4 ecu that way your getting a better map than the 1.6 plus less cost!

Megane 225 F1
Im going to look into it and see about costs. Dont wanna spend stupid money though.

Difference betweeen the TB on the laguna F4R and the clio F4R?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
probably pick up a bottom end for £150 swap them over one weekend with new cambelt sorted!! there was a thread that had the size differences, was that guy with the mk1 clio with the K4M in it that knew cant remember his name

Clio 1.6L 16V
Im going to look into it and see about costs. Dont wanna spend stupid money though.

Difference betweeen the TB on the laguna F4R and the clio F4R?

They are two different TB. The laguna F4R TB can fit on the K4J, the clio F4R TB not.