ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laguna 2007 2.0 DCI - Immobiliser fault?

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Hi there, my Dad has bought yet another car with yet another problem and I was hoping some of the CS geniuses could help me out :rasp:..

Okay so the car is currently a non starter, when the dealer bought it at an auction it started, now it doesn't start - Its being delivered to our house today So I will update once I've had a look myself. The car turns over fine but will not start and my Dad and the dealer both think its the Immobiliser - I know to look for the light on the dashboard. I know how to check if its the immobiliser so what are my options with fixing it I've read it could be the Key card/Transponder in the key card that can cause this problem - Theres no spare key so I can't try that and the C/locking works fine.. Here is a link to the car: Clicky! if that helps at all. Any ideas, tips or hints? Thanks :cool:

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
make sure the light goes out. check the battery and terminals.
ph2 are normally ok card maybe faulty try moving it about in the reader like bending it

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
make sure the light goes out. check the battery and terminals.
ph2 are normally ok card maybe faulty try moving it about in the reader like bending it

Hi Lemon thanks for the reply light blinks as it should. As you unlock the car and put the key in the light stays a constant Red and the car will not start. It seems the battery on the car is very low so i have put it on charge overnight and will let you know how I get on in the morning! Cheers mate and assuming that's your car in the avatar - Nice!

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Right, here's my morning update:

The light stays on and the car attempts to start then just stops and beeps twice. The Immobiliser light is still permanently on after this. I have however noticed it says Check Oil Pressure after attempting to start and the STOP light comes on. Is this simply because of the Immobiliser? Another thing I noticed is "Check Parking Brake" So I pull the lever, PARKING BRAKE ON. Okay its fine. If I pull again to disengage I get "Check Parking Brake" again. Is this due to the immobiliser again? I've checked the oil its a little low but nothing major...

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Oil pressure light does that if it doesn't start.
Auto hand brake faults might need erasing. due to flat battery.
sound like you have a key fault.
Yeah its my car in the pic cheers

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Oil pressure light does that if it doesn't start.
Auto hand brake faults might need erasing. due to flat battery.
sound like you have a key fault.
Yeah its my car in the pic cheers

With a Key fault would you recommend sending the key off to get it fixed? Also is there anyway of verifying its the key instead of something else?