ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Labour time to fit lambda sensor (182)?

Clio 182
Hi,

Just a quick question for anyone in the know - how many hours is it supposed to take to fit a new lambda sensor to a 182?

I've just been back to France to collect mine after I broke down on holiday recently, just want to check if I've been ripped off or not with labour.

thanks

Da

Less
I would imagine it can be done in less than an hour by a mechanic mate, but that's from just looking, I've never actually done it! :)

Clio 182
I thought 6 hours was a "little" excessive.. not easy to argue with a French mechanic though!

Letter to Renault time I suppose, I've got their receipt that lists the costs etc, €105 for the sensors seems about right, just not the 6 hours labour! I'll see what happens.

To be fair, it could be worse, the £37 I paid for european breakdown got me a €430 to geneva airport, two flights to manchester, a flight back to geneva, another taxi back to the alps, ferry back to dover, and a night in a hotel - shame renault were the ones to take the piss!

Clio 182
No idea - just got the french dictionary out - and the bit I couldn't translate myself says "research of short circuit, and repairs to wiring"

what wiring could this be? surely not the wire between the two sensors on my de-cat (it's supposedly related to the sensors)

14' Leon Cupra 280
i've got mine booked in 2moro for fitting 2 sensors, will hopefully stop the sudden power loss at 3/4k. Sure he told me will be around an hour. Just not looking forward to the cost, esp after a service this month too :(

RS RIP
No idea - just got the french dictionary out - and the bit I couldn't translate myself says "research of short circuit, and repairs to wiring"

what wiring could this be? surely not the wire between the two sensors on my de-cat (it's supposedly related to the sensors)

if they did "research" to find the problem then this is where they billed you for the time..
"repair to wiring" - here you go, maybe something in the wiring was bust... i think it happens a lot on clios.

Clio 182
Its a good enough excuse for them, but I'm not sure how the research could possibly take them 6 hours.

I'm sure its always the same when they are dealing with insurance companies - get more money out of them, which is fine, but the insurance company don't pay them :(

6 hours to fit a lambda sensor!!! to be fair they are very awkward to get out as they seize in but still shouldnt take a "competant renault mechanic" more than an hour tops!!

i was reffering to one i changed ages ago on my old car it was pretty rusted in lol 182 manifold is SS anyway so shoudnt corrode in as such!!

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
10 minutes for a lambda sensor is excessive. Its less than a minute, unplug, unscrew, unclip, replace, rescrew, replug, reclip. Done. Id say both could be done in under 5 minutes with the car on a ramp and engine cold. Easiest thing in the world to change, the only thing that may delay him is if its seized in but even then on a ramp and a decent breaker bar shouldnt delay him much.