ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

L.A. Noire

dk

911 GTS Cab
Sod having to change discs, bluray all the way for me, I'll turn the brightness down if I need to....

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The map is 8 square miles! GTA San Andreas was 6 apparently.

la_m-3914e3d825.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
XB360 version seems to be scoring higher than the PS3 version. Unsure why, possibly just due to differing media outlet reviews (ie TeamXBox scoring the game higher than PSGamer)

1998 BMW e46 323i
Pre-ordered this from Sainsbury's for £32. Wonder when it will come, and how much the pregnant wife will moan when I play it in the living room!

I loved Mafia II, one of my favourite story games. And this looks very similar (but better).

I think I'll get this on the 360, even though the 3 discs is a bit off putting.

This game looks impressive!

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Think i'll wait a month for it to crash in price. Pees me off paying good money for a single player game

Dirt 3 this friday i think

dk

911 GTS Cab
6 discs lol! Mine whipped from gameplay this morning, I'll be working there tomorrow, they could have saved the postage lol.

L.A. Noire was large enough to fit on six discs on Xbox 360, it has been revealed.

Team Bondi founder Brendan McNamara told Official Xbox Magazine that it took "miraculous compression" to fit the game on to three discs.

"We've always been called stupidly ambitious," he said. "Along with Rockstar we make very big games.

"It took a lot of effort to get down to three discs - I think we were on four or five or six at one point - and to get it on to one Blu-ray [on PlayStation 3]. We're pretty pleased that we got it down to that in the end."

He added: "It's the biggest map that we've done and that Rockstar have done, so there's a lot of detail in there, and also a lot of actor's performances - 21 hours worth."

Last week, Rockstar Games revealed that PlayStation 3 was the lead platform during development.

Octy VRS
Just watched some gameplay vids on Youtube and it looks like a cross between GTA, Driver and Mafia. That can only mean win.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
PMSL @ the disc count!!

I'll be getting it on the 360, despite being tempted on buying it for the PS3 because of that.

I've not been this excited for a game since Forza 3.

DB.

BMW 440i
Definitely buying this AFTER my exams/holiday. The internet/tv is a big enough distraction as it is!

dk

911 GTS Cab
oh dear, its just one thing after another at the moment. this happened to me with the 360 when it was new, firmware bricked my box. really hope this doesn't happen to my launch console!

The latest PS3 firmware may be incompatible with a "few different games," including L.A. Noire, according to Rockstar.

On Rockstar's support site, a question was posed regarding PS3 systems turning themselves off when playing L.A. Noire.

"Primary reports seem to be that updating to firmware 3.61 will cause PlayStations to overheat," Rockstar responded.

"There have been various reports of this on a few different games now, all reporting their PS3s turning off or 'Red Lighting' after having installed 3.61. This can range from games randomly freezing to PS3s turning off [after] anywhere between 30 mins use to two hours.

"We have confirmed locally that multiple games (Rockstar and non-Rockstar) overheat or freeze only when 3.61 is installed."

Rockstar said that the issue is primarily affecting "older 60GB and 80GB fat models".

3.61 is the latest firmware update for the PS3, released by Sony to make systems compatible with changes to PSN in response to the recent attacks. The firmware update is required to play games online or access any of the system's online capabilities.

Octy VRS
I'm not buying it until it's fixed. It struggles enough with Fallout and Battlefield. Just as well I'm skint anyway.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Not quite, 1 turned up then the others all turned up later together! Im still buying it tho.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You've lost me Chris. That doesn't take much ATM granted.

I've used Amazon twice in the past and they've delivered AFTER release date on both occasions. lol.

They've upgraded me to Amazon Prime since I complained... but I'm reluctant to chance it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
oh dear, its just one thing after another at the moment. this happened to me with the 360 when it was new, firmware bricked my box. really hope this doesn't happen to my launch console!

Jesus. Sony really know how to please their customers at the moment, eh!

I'm sure that'll get fixed very quickly though. Unlike PSN.

DB.

BMW 440i
F L O L

S'ok though PSN's free and you don't have the embarrassment of owning the inferior xboxkiddymachine ;)

Really does make me laugh, especially how they were always saying how superior there 'free' PSN was. Id rather pay for something that works rather than having something that doesn't for free!

I'm going to get this but I really need to get stuck in to the other games I've got first. I've not even finished the single player campaign on MW2 nor do I even own a copy of black ops lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I bought the Fallout: NV DLC last night, the Honest Hearts one.

Finished it that night. LOL.

I wanted to get it out of the way before this.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the Fallout: NV DLC last night, the Honest Hearts one.

Finished it that night. LOL.

I wanted to get it out of the way before this.

Haha I tend to do the same!

Rush games to get them out of the way for another :p

Still not sold on L.A. Noire though.. Might have to go read some reviews.

Looks too similar to Mafia 2 for my liking!

EDIT: Although.. The facial animations are superb!

Last edited: