ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KW Variant 2's/Helper Springs

Clio Williams & 182
I have KW V2's on my Williams, damper hand height adjustable, with slot for camber adjustment too.

DSCF0613.jpg

They come with helper springs. Whilst these are nice and all for pootling about, I find they give too much initial 'play' in quick corners, so it roles too much.

With previous suspension I have been able to adjust how much the thinner springs are allowed to intervene, as they had their own collars, which were independently adjustable from the main spring collar. The KW's only have collars that act as a platform to sit on and are thus you cannot twist them on the damper strut to adjust how much preload/compression they have.

Rather than pay out yet more cash for fancy collars, has anyone just removed helper springs altogether?

Clio Williams & 182
Oh, and another thing. Those Advan AD08's have a softer sidewall than I am used too it seems, so that does not help.

lift number 1 @ btm
As far as I'm aware the helper springs should be completely compressed when the cars sat, so they only work on an unloaded wheel.
They are only there to keep the main spring properly seated.