ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KW or EIBACH

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hello! just got this question, if a want a set of springs to bettering the handling which is best, eibachs pro or kw? Has anyone used KW? what opinions?

Now, I have read in some threads that springs would only spoil the already nice setup and will not be an improvement in terms of handling, cornering and grip. Is this true? We are taking of a FF 172.

DMS

A thirsty 172
For what it's worth, I'm currently running with a set of Eibach Sportlines and they do improve the handling a bit over standard springs (less body roll mainly). That said, I wouldn't bother getting them to try to improve the handling because they're not hugely better than standard. You'd be better off putting the money towards coilovers. I only brought mine because a standard spring snapped - I was going to go straight for coilovers in the first place.
If you want to improve the handling you'd be better off saving for a good set of coilovers because you'll notice much more of an improvement (IMO).

320d
I have sportlines. I found that I have more confidence in the car with the springs on. The reduced body roll just makes the car feel more direct and sharper.

I'd like to try coilovers in the future.