ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kumho tyres

Clio 197
They're not bad...

ClarkieV6 swears by them - he has them on the rear of his V6 (not sure which model).

The Ecsta712's are comparable to Yokos (tiny bit better in the dry).. but the sidewalls are really really soft.

Megane225FF
Got a set on mine... "ECSTA Supra 712" - not the best in the slightly damp & wet.. but nice when its bone dry though.. only £50 a pop.. but it shows..

AJRMOTORSPORT when did you try a set... ???

I have had a few people have them off me as a cheap alternative and everyone has said that they were a good tyre.

I wouldn't recommend them as a performance tyre, but at the price, they are not sold as such.

It is a bit like comparing bucks fizz with dom perignon - not in the same league, but... i think they are good for the money.

V70 track tyre is a great tyre, i have had 2.5 sets of them and have been more than happy.

/y0z

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ahhh...Sorry no knowledge of the track tyre. But the seat's at knockhill all came with the Kumho's and the grip levels were Really poor!!! And they were going off after 6-7laps!!! The side walls were cracking too. Pressures were fine too.

The new ADVANS's are a sensible priced tyre 80£ i think and simply awsum, tried them a couple of wks bk!

Yoz i understand where your coming from, but i just don't rate them, If your gonna spend money on performance, i'm sure u'd be first to agree that you can't cut corners. Tyres, are the base building block of overall chassis performance.

Ali

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Ahhh...Sorry no knowledge of the track tyre. But the seat's at knockhill all came with the Kumho's and the grip levels were Really poor!!! And they were going off after 6-7laps!!! The side walls were cracking too. Pressures were fine too.

The new ADVANS's are a sensible priced tyre 80£ i think and simply awsum, tried them a couple of wks bk!

Yoz i understand where your coming from, but i just don't rate them, If your gonna spend money on performance, i'm sure u'd be first to agree that you can't cut corners. Tyres, are the base building block of overall chassis performance.

Ali

Your Seat Kuhmo experience is that the road tyres or the track tyres...?

browno

ClioSport Club Member
What about Kumho's special tyres for the drift market - they had them at MPH '05 when Tiff and Clarkson were doing car sumo... Red tyre smoke! (probably more suited to the crooz scene then!)