ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR uprated e/mount passenger side

182 cup
Has anybody fitted the KTR uprated engine mount under the battery yet.

I spent ¾ of an hour fitting drivers side, four hours trying to figure out the passenger side,:banghead: in the end I had to put the old one back.

Thanks PK

doesn't sound good. i think 'adeyspecracing' (user name) has fitted one - could ask him by PM, or wait to call KTEC after the break

if it's just the case that the hole in the base plate isn't big enough, could you enlarge it by drilling?

182 cup
Contacting KTR would have been my first choice but that’s pointless at this time of year.

Making the internal diameter bigger is not an option for several reasons, I like my fingers where they are, if I drill it and I screw it up I’m up for paying for a whole new unit and I don’t see why I should modify something that should be a direct replacement, besides I could be trying to fit the damn thing incorrectly.

i'm lucky enough to have a pillar drill but, likewise, probably wouldn't be happy using a hand held drill. the alloy's probably quite soft but you wouldn't really want to risk being at all inaccurate as i assume the plate should sleeve over the bolt snugly

if the hole in the base plate is too small for the shaft of the bolt, can't see that you're attempting to fit it incorrectly - ?

182 cup
thanks for the replies, i suppose i'll have to see what david or sean have to say when they get back from their xmas brake.

do you know when they get back from their xmas break?

i don't myself (may be someone else will) but i do know that they're out of stock of these mounts at the moment (as i enquired recently) and are expecting more in the second week of Jan. may be they can arrange something else before then though

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
ok bud whats ure problem, got both on my car, gearbox one wasnt to much of a problem, tho you do have to put it back together in the right order, and you need to completely remove the stud from the old mount. i should of taken pics doing mine as i did call sean at ktec to confirm i put it together right, get some pics up of wht uve got and ill try and help if you like?

may be the half of the bolt that screws into the gearbox is narrower than the other half (that bolts to the mount)

182 cup
ok bud whats ure problem, got both on my car, gearbox one wasnt to much of a problem, tho you do have to put it back together in the right order, and you need to completely remove the stud from the old mount. i should of taken pics doing mine as i did call sean at ktec to confirm i put it together right, get some pics up of wht uve got and ill try and help if you like?

sorry no pics the old one is back in.

If going by the picture on the KTR site is how e/mount gets installed then there is bucklies chance of it fitting.