ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR TRACK SPORT REAR DISCS or GENUINE RENAULT REAR DISCS with BEARINGS??

CLIO 172 PH1
I found my 172's rear bearing got problem (woo... woo... sound) :(
So i decided to replace them with the rear discs together.
Found that KTR track sport and genuie renault got the same price.
Whick one will be better?? THX

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The grooved Tracksport discs are suited to "spirited" driving as the grooves are there to keep the pad face clean and deglazed should the pads get a little hot.

There is not as much braking force going through the rear brakes as on the fronts but any small upgrades can help and personally I think they are worth buying just for the fact they are zinc plated so will not rust on the non swept areas like the OE discs do.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
stock, rears do f all and if you're worried about rust, a bit of vht - done

Fred, not everyone wants to sit there and paint their brand new rear discs before fitting them. :rolleyes:

It would a bit nasty too.

David.

Megane Trophy, Golf
OEM ones mate! The back ones do F all as Fred said. The OEM bearing is already installed which are far better than any non OEM bearing. Then fit some braided HEL lines like I have. So much better feel through the pedal ;)

CLIO 172 PH1
Thx mate, any difference between the OE and the Genuine?? If no, i will go for the OE one as it is much more chaeper. ( I change the rear bearing and just run 4000+ Km and got the woo..woo... sound.., i must get a cheaper solution.) THX

Thx mate, any difference between the OE and the Genuine?? If no, i will go for the OE one as it is much more chaeper. ( I change the rear bearing and just run 4000+ Km and got the woo..woo... sound.., i must get a cheaper solution.) THX

OE means genuine mate

OE stands for Original Equipment

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
if there the same price i'd go for the k-tec ones personally

ph2 iceburg 172
i'd go for the k tec ones. bit of a no brainer, fair enough the rear disks dont play much part but if thy are similar priced then why no uprate them, and the groves would give you a nicer look at the back

LY R26 230 F1 Team
I've just been qouted a little cheaper than these for some grooved discs and bearings if you wanted that look.

I can put you in touch with the company if you want mate?