ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR stealth hanging low? (ph1 172)

Clio RS ph1
Got my KTR stealth exhaust fitted today. And verry happy with it! Although its much louder then I thought it would be.
Only thing is that its hanging a bit low I think. The centre section is only hanging 6/7cm from the ground. And I cant get over speedsbumbs without touching them:dapprove: My car is also lowered on Apex springs.

Is their any way to improve the ground clearance and get it a bit higher. My mechanic told me its as high as its gets but I doubt that.
This pics is not my car but the backbox is about the same height.

Thanks guys!

1244574449-540.jpg

Storm Grey 200
They dont really fit a ph1 aesthetically. Have you packed the exhaust mount with some tubing to raise it up?

Bumder With A Buffer
Dan has got the same issue on his Phase2 and its because who-ever fitted it hasn't done the mid section properly iirc??

They dont really fit a ph1 aesthetically. Have you packed the exhaust mount with some tubing to raise it up?

done this on mine, 2 bits of copper tube hammered so they are ovals, cable tied them together then cable tied them to the mount underneath were the back box sits, no problemos so far

Storm Grey 200
done this on mine, 2 bits of copper tube hammered so they are ovals, cable tied them together then cable tied them to the mount underneath were the back box sits, no problemos so far

Yeah, its better than buying a new one. Although you have to be careful because if you dont use rubber, or metal with a rubber coating it will wear through the rubber in the mount over time.

Then again at that point its probably time to get a new one for the sake of 8 quid

how much room is there between the box and the boot floor? it should be possible to fit it so that there's almost none (can't even get fingers in there). if it's already fitted that high, it's obv. not going any higher

Clio RS ph1
I got two new exhaust mounts aswell so that's not the problem.
It's hard to tell how much space there is between the floor and the exhaust at the back end. But I believe there is some left. Isn't it going to be a problem if I fit it that high? I can imagane it hits the car sometimes?

Ph1
Jack the back box right up against the floor and bolt and adjust it all up. The weight will drop it down a bit so it shouldnt knock. Also use the pipes into the rubber mount method.

Just needs tweeking and you'll be fine

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks on the piss as well? Yeah my mild steel stealth sits really bad becuase whoever fitted my cat back in used the wrong bolts so its totally solid to the manifold!!

172 mk2
the centre pipe caught everything on mine, in the end i just put the std springs back on. my box still looks like yours now tho.

any one any pictures of the copper mod.??

Coupe/Defender V8
The centre pipe catches on mine too, although mine doesn't hang that low. Try twisting the backbox round. My rear mount was completely rusted to the point it had snapped around the bolt - so I replaced it. Here is how it sits now.

Ph 1 172
just takes some playing around with mine is sitting slighlty higher now as i had a lil play but it still wern't on show much this is pretty much ho it sits now

4973_198417555022_616405022_7319036_1894197_n.jpg

pack out the rear mount (there are loads of photos on search of what people have done)

then slacken the back box clamp and twist the back box anti-clockwise. you should be able to leave it very close to the boot floor without it knocking (just twist it back slightly if it knocks)

the back box only has one hanger and it's off at one side - the clamp needs to be very tight, otherwise the back box twists in the system pipe and drops down

you can also adjust the hanger strap if you need to

Clio RS ph1
Went back to the garage today to have another look at it.
After some fine tuning its hanging perfect!

Thanks guys!

IMG_0379.jpg