ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR Coilovers?

6/468 17poo
Ive been looking into getting a set of these for a while and keep checking the posts up on here, and the general consensus seems to be that if you go too low it will rub as the springs are fairly soft?

My question is how low can you go with these with NO rubbing issues, do you need to remove the arch guards.

My 172 has been on standard suspension since day one, still handles well just want to improve the body roll and aesthetics, is this the way to go?

Ryan

Honda ATR
Hi mate ive got them fitted to my 182 and will be for sale in the next three weeks if your interested. They give a much firmer ride than standard but as stated dont go too low otherwise they will rub.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
DSCF4880X.jpg

no scrubbage at all being that low...

6/468 17poo
182's has a different bolt spacing on front strut i believe so would not fit.

As to how low you can go without scrubbage i have ph2 172 wheels on too, so standard off set anyone?

ph1 track weapon
the gazs on my ph1 were all the way down (tucking tyre at the back) and didnt scrub unless i was 4 up

Evo 8 MR
More than likely won't scrub on the road, on track they will for sure even if it's remotely low.

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ Plus the angle of the shot makes it look lower :p looks sweet though!

I have my rear arch sitting just over the tyre on the KTR kit , it's fine :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The individual coilover makes no difference as to how low a car can sit without scrubbing, the car can go as low as it will go without the wheel scrubbing, basically KTR coilovers will go as low as any others without scrubbing, where the scrubbing point is, you'll have to find our for yourself.

Mine is pretty low, and doesn't scrub, ever.