ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC Stealth

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
New exhaust smell is good :) I'm looking for an exhaust for my new 182, really like the look of the janspeed....... but now knowing thay had input to the stealth development, i'm not sure. If it sounds like that hell no! Whats the Cup making matey? Looks impressive :)

Clio 172 Cup
ktec stealth, decat, itg maxogen, angelworks inlet manifold, custom RS tuning remap, brembo max discs, carbon lorraine pads

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
pretty much my set up.....(i had grp n and matched upper and lower manifolds) felt quicker than my 182 :(

Clio 172 Cup
yes both my inlets are matched.

mine feels much quicker. i think it was probably hitting around 160-165 BHP before the mods.

just need to get the performance monitor back on to see how much I have exactly gained. Last test I done with just the ktec exhaust, decat and itg maxogen I gained about 10 BHP, most of which was from the decat probably.

"Navy" N17 TWO
my ktec stealth purrs like a tiger...no overly loud and certainly not quiet. On idle you wont hear it when giving it some it will roar...i personally like it and im not a fan of loud exhausts....the bit i love the most is on deacceleration when it gurgles...

I'd like that too :)

have you just got a stealth fitted on its own?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The latest version now comes wit our revised centre as standard which give the exhaust note descibed above. It has also rectified the rattling centre box issues we had on a batch of systems earlier in the year.

David.

Octavia vRS tfsi
I have one of the older k-tec stealth systems on my car and I like the sound.

On idle it is very quiet, audible but not intrusive or loud in the slightest. It's a bit 'boomy' up untill 5500rpm where it begins to roar to the redline.

Much much nicer sound than the Powerflow I had on a previous 172.

Black 172 FF
Here's a video of my K-tec Stealth + decat...

Click me

Sounds lovely :approve:

Hmm wish mine sounded like that, i find mine a bit to loud and boomy! I got mine second hand though then some idiots damaged the front section when it was off the car so had to have that replaced recently.

Also the back box has stuff floating around inside it so i had to have a local stainless steel place open it up (they drilled a small hole in the top of the box) and get it out then weld a patch back on it, and it was one of the washers like you find on the hanger, someone at the factory must have had a laugh! I still have a slight rattle from the back box so im asuming i probably still have something in their :( but you can only hear it when stood at the back of the car so not worth replacing at the huge cost.

Wish i had just had the x missus buy a new one, wouldnt have stoped some plank damageing the front section but i could have had the back section replaced lol.

Mines fine now, sits under the bumper hidden perfectly only grouch is it vibrates against somethink on the car when it either gets hot or i go above 100mph and the vibration goes straigth through the car!??

172 FF
I was thinking of getting one of these. Seems like some mixed bunch of comments though.
What extra bhp does this exhaust give to standard (if any)? just for insurance purposes.
And what's the difference between the old k-tec system & the new one? why was it changed?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
I was thinking of getting one of these. Seems like some mixed bunch of comments though.
What extra bhp does this exhaust give to standard (if any)? just for insurance purposes.
And what's the difference between the old k-tec system & the new one? why was it changed?

We changed the system as we had inconsisitent quality from our last manufacturer, the new version is very well made and also in a larger bore size of 2.5".

We have had many customers tell us how much better the car pulls with the system fitted and if I am not mistaken a certainl Time Attack car also runs one ;)

David.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i run one

and it did feel very nice when i put it on

deciding on de-cat atm - not sure yet

Vw caddy tdi
Mk2 version with revised centre section sounds totally different to sound clip above. The exhaust note just improves with carbon!

Lotus Elise 111R
I had this on mine and thought it was a perfect mix between sprty note and boy racer. You have my vote David!

172 Cup (Iceberg)
Thinking of getting one of these fitted. My Cup is completely standard at the moment, was thinking of a new induction kit as well. Not really keen on messing with the cat though.

I'm hoping it won't be too loud. Any thoughts?? I drive up the motorway every other day so will it be bearable?

Thanks.

Clio 172 Cup
I just got my Stealth2 fitted - nice deep sound at low revs - not so much difference yet when booting it. No bother at m-way speed. Took 2 returns to my mechanic to sort the rattles tho. Def go for decent induction kit & remap mrgund.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Does the non sport stealth give a similar noise as this one, i've not heard any good clips of it, also what are gains like as well?

Lotus Elise 111R
Thinking of getting one of these fitted. My Cup is completely standard at the moment, was thinking of a new induction kit as well. Not really keen on messing with the cat though.

I'm hoping it won't be too loud. Any thoughts?? I drive up the motorway every other day so will it be bearable?

Thanks.

No problem, I used mine with cat in place to visit clients as well as motorway runs.

clio sport 172
had mine for nearly a year now and still love the sound. BUT!!! about a mont ago the center section went, so i rang ktec who said they were out of stock of replacements, but will be getting some by the end of the week and they will ring me to sort out delivery. friday came and went and i heard nothing as did sat,sun,mon so i rang them on tuesday to be told they were still out of stock and i will have to wait a further 2 weeks. it must be around 2 weeks now and i still havent heard a thing. i wouldnt mind but people are looking at my car for the wrong reasons now it sounds horrible when it rattles.dont get me wrong tho i have no grudges against ktec as the service has been good, but surely it shouldnt take this long?
on a more positive note tho i'm seriously thinking about getting a de cat pipe tho. how easy are they to fit? and will i notice the difference?
thanks
edd

BMW F31
i have the supersports version, staright through cat back on my 1.6 and its got a nice note, not too loud but just spot on tbh, sounds best around 3.5k :D

Note to self, must get a sound clip ;)

PH1 172 Sport
had mine for nearly a year now and still love the sound. BUT!!! about a mont ago the center section went, so i rang ktec who said they were out of stock of replacements, but will be getting some by the end of the week and they will ring me to sort out delivery. friday came and went and i heard nothing as did sat,sun,mon so i rang them on tuesday to be told they were still out of stock and i will have to wait a further 2 weeks. it must be around 2 weeks now and i still havent heard a thing. i wouldnt mind but people are looking at my car for the wrong reasons now it sounds horrible when it rattles.dont get me wrong tho i have no grudges against ktec as the service has been good, but surely it shouldnt take this long?
on a more positive note tho i'm seriously thinking about getting a de cat pipe tho. how easy are they to fit? and will i notice the difference?
thanks
edd

I ordered a stealth 3 weeks ago. The site gave no idication that they were out of stock.

*2 days after ordering the money went out of my account which is usually a sign that the order has gone through and goods are on there way.
* 1 week after ordering I had to phone them to find out what was going on to be told it was out of stock till the end of the week.
* 1 and a 1/2 weeks after ordering still no exhuast so they got an email. Then they actually decided to phone the customer and tell me they were now out of stock for another 1-2 weeks.
* Emailed today for an update and I was told I 'Should' get the exhaust early next week.

Not impressed one bit. I got 3 diferent answers from 3 different people on when they would be in and to top it off they snapped up my money without even telling me the exhuast was out of stock. Why cant they adopt a usual online ordering system like every other company that notifies you when the goods you have ordered are out of stock!!

All I can say is this exhaust better be worth the wait. Rant over!!!:mad:

Evo 6, E92 320d
i have the supersports version, staright through cat back on my 1.6 and its got a nice note, not too loud but just spot on tbh, sounds best around 3.5k :D

Note to self, must get a sound clip ;)

Please do, i could be the decider i need.

P.s use a good quality sound recorder:)

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I had a rattley Stealth centre section problem a few months ago, so got in touch with K-Tec, who said the new one would be about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks wait, but as above, took the money straight from my account, nice. Generally its a rule that the money is taken as its despatched from most companies.....oh well....

Only grumble with the new section's silencer is its a different size to my old one, being slightly smaller, however, the metal flanges welded to 'streamline' the silencer (will add comparison pics later), interfere with placing of the centre mount under the car. Its like the dimensions for the tubing was wrong or something so the mount is wedged at an angle and was a pig to fit, I had the bruises to prove it!! Think my old section may have been the older Mk.1 design, as it came on the car when I bought it back in January....so god knows how long it had been on the car.

Noise-wise, with the windows up it sound very mean, motorway driving is fine....as long as you keep the speed down lol (its not bad at all, but the gf doesnt approve as ever).......but in my opinion it could do with being a little sharper, sounds a little blowy/flat with the windows down. Also the change in size hasnt changed the noise or note, guessing most of the noise is given by the rear box. Certainly turns heads tho and I'm reasonably happy with it!

Broooommm!! :rasp: roll on sports cat and other goodies!