ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Renflash - Clio 182

Inf 182 Cup
Hi,

I have got delivery of this today, I just want to know if I plug it in before I start my car and go for a drive, or just get the reading from tickover?

My brother advised that it would be best to drive around so all the sensors start working etc, and Ktec can get a acurate file from the renflash.

Or are we completely wrong and just get a tickover reading with it?! No instructions came with it which is a bit of a piss take.

Clio 182 2005

Thanks
Jamie

Inf 182 Cup
Cheers for the comments, but not really answering my question.

Dan, The point of me buying it was so that I didn't have to take it anywhere, otherwise I would (If there was a place close!).

banther, yes it's a lot for a bit of plastic & electronics, but fuel+time down to Ktec (or RStuning) and back up would be more

If anyone has used one before any insight would be good.

Last edited:
  Many.
As for a helpful post, I don't think you'll get any answer on here, nobody on here would trust, or use K-tec for any kind of mapping.

Beware, their mapping is usually terrible, so a generic map like this certainly can't be good.

Inf 182 Cup
I've seen a few clio's with the ktec map and they have had no problems? Is there some sort of reputation they have on here or something?

Mec 350 slk manual
I had the belts and cams with a remap done 2 years ago by ktec and have no issues to date

Reactions: Chi
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Cant see this being worth £300 more than the RSTuner map on stock... Sure you cant return it? Henk also does custom remote remaps for cheaper than that I think.

Many.
Flol Dan.

Their customer service is excellent, their mail order is excellent.... Shame their actual Service, and work they do, isn't.
Seriously, anybody who has their eyes open, can see all their fuckups.

I didn't mean to turn this into a Ktec slagging match, and I know this forum won't like me saying it.

But look what happens when the truth isn't told, like 519 lol.

Reactions: Chi
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I could yes, but I don't know a place in Aberdeen that will do this sort of thing.
You do it yourself. Buy a RSTuner off here second hand (£110 on average), buy the unlock code + map form henk (£50) on fastchip.nl, map you car using the RSTuner + easy to use software, sell on the RSTuner for same price you paid.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Flol Dan.

Their customer service is excellent, their mail order is excellent.... Shame their actual Service, and work they do, isn't.
Seriously, anybody who has their eyes open, can see all their fuckups.

I didn't mean to turn this into a Ktec slagging match, and I know this forum won't like me saying it.

But look what happens when the truth isn't told, like 519 lol.
What happened with 519?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
serious m8 listen to dan,send it back,get an rs tuner you will have free renault diagnostics which should save money in the longrun,apart from a ktec exhaust after the horror storys of their work i would run a mile