ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec or fatty induction kit?

Recently bought an inferno 182 to replace my smashed up 172 cup that I'm going to break when I get the time..

Anyway 182 has what looks like the fattys induction setup from on here.. My cup has KTEC induction kit in it. I know the KTEC one is more expensive but what's the difference? Does it sound better?

Would it be worth while sticking the ktec into my 182? It's got sm inlet manifold in it too.

Cheers

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Only difference is

The ktec is louder
The fatty is cheaper

Stick with the ktec. No difference in performance

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
An open cone thing. Where is it fitted, to the side of the engine?

Get the fatty set up

An open cone thing. Where is it fitted, to the side of the engine?

Get the fatty set up

Yeah fitted to side of engine and cone shaped.. No use?

I'll just stick with the fatty for now then. you've made me want to plunge more cash into it and buy a ktec can't go wrong with a bit more noise. 😂

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I think the ktec one looks gash with the mammoth length of silicone. Rip off too. Stick with the fatty and spend your money on some new bushes.

I think the ktec one looks gash with the mammoth length of silicone. Rip off too. Stick with the fatty and spend your money on some new bushes.

It has already got new bushes, loads of powerflex stuff which I believe is good?..had alot done to it but my car knowledge is very basic so not sure of everything. Really need to upload some pics and find out exactly what its got.

Last edited: