ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC Exhaust

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Currently have a KTEC Stealth back box and Un-silenced centre on my PH1 it's sounds great when giving it some but awful when on the motorway and at certain RPM when cruising. I think I may be getting old :)

Does the silenced centre make a massive difference?
What other exhausts are people running that they would recommend?

I also wonder if I have a blow on the manifold/cat area which might not be helping, need to get it up in the air and have a proper look.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Gareth

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Forgot car had a decat aswell and was much better with a silenced centre

I do think that's probably the way I will go rather than swap the entire exhaust, think i might have to decat as well, although the PMS exhaust does look great

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Yes it made a big difference on my 172.Took away the awful drone and boom at low speed and driving around town if the exhaust is on good nick just buy a silenced centre imo

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Yes it made a big difference on my 172.Took away the awful drone and boom at low speed and driving around town if the exhaust is on good nick just buy a silenced centre imo
That's exactly what I am looking for, will have to either stump up for one full price from KTEC or see if I get lucky and one crops up on here, Cheers

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Ive got standard Cat, KTech stealth with mid res, and it sounds fab
Ive had other non mid res exhausts (Bastuck) that when overtaking up hill you needed ear defenders- i put on a mid res :)

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Ive got standard Cat, KTech stealth with mid res, and it sounds fab
Ive had other non mid res exhausts (Bastuck) that when overtaking up hill you needed ear defenders- i put on a mid res :)
Ear defenders were needed today, and paracetamol when I got home, 3 hours in it today, not the best!!

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Ear defenders were needed today, and paracetamol when I got home, 3 hours in it today, not the best!!
When i used to visit my Tuner, he said he heard me from a mile away, and use to give me complimentary ear plugs when I left (Right joker lol)
Had to import the mid res,pay to get it fitted, then all was better, but still sweated on the noise checks at tracks
Feel for you- can you tell I'm no spring chicken Ha!

I switched to a silenced centre section as like you say is a bit droney. Does make a difference switching to a silenced section. Just post a wanted thread for one, someone may want to swap the other way if your lucky.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
When i used to visit my Tuner, he said he heard me from a mile away, and use to give me complimentary ear plugs when I left (Right joker lol)
Had to import the mid res,pay to get it fitted, then all was better, but still sweated on the noise checks at tracks
Feel for you- can you tell I'm no spring chicken Ha!
Glad it's not just me :)

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I switched to a silenced centre section as like you say is a bit droney. Does make a difference switching to a silenced section. Just post a wanted thread for one, someone may want to swap the other way if your lucky.
Will try that, think it will be worth a try, don't really want to spend £140 and then find I still am not happy with it

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
@mintno1 I had the ktr stealth on my old ph1, with center silenser in and cat fitted also. Was nice around town and giving it large, but at 80mph or motorway driving it droned like mad.
That's what I am worried about, won't be using it on motorways all the time but do occasionally need to get in to London and up to Manchester and don't want to not want to take it, it's the droning that is annoying me at the minute, my son wouldn't come in it initially without ear defenders on!!

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
@mintno1 I had the ktr stealth on my old ph1, with center silenser in and cat fitted also. Was nice around town and giving it large, but at 80mph or motorway driving it droned like mad.
Ooooo. Havent gone that fast yet.

Always thought that Milltek are a quieter more soothing sound, maybe a little tinny

Milltek are pretty quiet on 172's.. had one on my old CUP and i used to drive from Bedford to Durham without stopping without any issues