ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC 182 Decat, Help!

Clio 182 - RB
Hi all,

Recent bought a KTEC Decat for my 182, got it fitted the other day & the car ran very 'boggy', put your foot down and it just wasn't going any where, very sluggish, but then it'd kick in and you'r be off... Kept doing it so had to put the original cat back on, its still doing this problem but not as bad when decat was fitted.

Any ideas?

KTEC told me its been the way it is as it needs a remap. I spoke to Paul at RSTuning and he said it should run fine with decat fitted.

Really need this problem sorted as i'm eager to get my car in for a custom remap by Paul [emoji4]

Thanks,
Ben.

clio 182
Hi all,

Recent bought a KTEC Decat for my 182, got it fitted the other day & the car ran very 'boggy', put your foot down and it just wasn't going any where, very sluggish, but then it'd kick in and you'r be off... Kept doing it so had to put the original cat back on, its still doing this problem but not as bad when decat was fitted.

Any ideas?

KTEC told me its been the way it is as it needs a remap. I spoke to Paul at RSTuning and he said it should run fine with decat fitted.

Really need this problem sorted as i'm eager to get my car in for a custom remap by Paul
emoji4.png

Thanks,
Ben.

Could possibly be one of the exhaust sensors, maybe an ecu reset/refresh will do the trick, not done one on the 182 before, but on other cars just unplug the ecu for 10 mins or so and it resets it, could be worth checking out, I'm sure someone who has had this problem before will be along shortly to advise you bit more :)

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Decat should not effect the car like that neither does the post 02 sensor the front 02 sensor however can cause all sorts of issues that would be my first check,

Clio 182 - RB
Going my mates now to put it on his ODB reader, if that fails i have another mate with a 'top of the range' reader who gets back from holiday tonight, back at work tomorrow so go see him if now is a fail.

Clio 182 - RB
So, plugged it in to my mates reader and it come up with code PO141 which i believe is the EML, wiped it off, fired the car up and was been really lumpy. Waited a few minutes and drove off fine, went to the shop, got back in to the car and again been lumpy, drove off and wow you can't even drive the thing but i managed to get it home with a p1ss poor vid of what it was doing / sounding like.

So what do people think? Sensor?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Be the sensor I reckon. It will be second sensor at fault, first one doesn't do much iirc

You can just swap the sensors round can't you and it sorts the problem out? I'm sure someone on here mentioned doing that and it sorted their misfire problem. Not 100% though.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah the second one. You can swap them but the actual length (ohh) is different. Not the sensor itself but wires etc

Clio 182 - RB
Cheers @jesus [emoji4]

@imprezaworks stop talking about length, i'm sure it'll stretch to satisfy.

All jokes aside... I'll get my mate to order me a new sensor tomorrow as he gets 20% off as he works for Henshaws... Any particular one i should get? He recommended NGK? If they even do one for a 182.

Volvo S60 T5
Heating element in front sensor has failed , don't take much to finish them off when they have been fitted a while.
Remove sensor give it a shake and you will hear it rattle.

dan's cast offs.
So thats the one attached to the manifold?

yup.

Heating element in front sensor has failed , don't take much to finish them off when they have been fitted a while.
Remove sensor give it a shake and you will hear it rattle.

mate told me his was faulty as he could hear it rattle when he shook it...it didn't rattle when i shook it and held the washer still, the dopey git:wink:

Clio 182 - RB
Cheers for the help lads, really appreciate it!

Will get it on ramps on Sunday, won't be using the car till then... Will get him to get me 2, that way if both are knackered i can replace, if not 1 can always go back.

Will report back incase this happens to anyone else, future reference.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I label them as first one that causes problems and 2nd useless one that read emissions no one cares about, don't bother replacing the 2nd one its 99% chance it will flash up eml light because of decat so waste of money put the cash toward remap were you can have cat light mapped out

Last edited:
  Clio 182 - RB
Well lads! Cars fixed [emoji4] Was the lambda sensor, the one attached to the cat/decat - £75 + VAT at the local motor factors, got 2 for £100 though, bosch ones which i'm chuffed about so replaced both sensors! Now its time to give it a clean in this nice weather [emoji41]