ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking when turning wheel

Clio 182
Hi all,

Had a knocking noise coming from the front recently when turning the wheel.

It happens a few times if I turn the wheel from lock to lock but I can't really hear it when up to speed (only happens when stationary or moving very slowly).

Does anybody know what could cause this or what I should be looking at first?

Cheers ;)

Clio 182
Cheers guys. I've heard about the weak top mounts so had a feeling it might be those. I'll also check the ball joints while i'm at it.

Does anybody know where the best place to get the top mounts from and has anybody got a part number?

Cheers guys!

Clio 182
What would you suggest? How much better are they and how much difference will I notice from the OE ones?

EDIT: I've just seen the k-tec ones but there a lot more expensive than oe. I realise that there better but are they really worth the extra?

Last edited:
  MK3, RX450H.
This problem happens to me also, but i just thought maybe it was because i've lowered the car.
Maybe time for me to check. lol

Mk6 fiestaaaaaa
Ive had this problem before too, was told it was the cv joint so i replaced it but its still knocking, might be a time for new top mounts then:(

Clio 182
Anybody know how easy they are to change? Is it just a case of jacking the front up and undoing the nut that holds the strut in?