ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking / tapping noise

Clio 172 sport
Hey,

I have recently bought a phase 2 172 and as of a week ago now have my first problem. Where i live there are a number of cattle grids and as i went over one an extremely irratating knocking/tapping noise has appeared from the light/fan unit above my head. Other than just popping the unit off and having a look, which i havent had time to do, does anyone know about a common problem? . My friend has a v6 clio and he has the same problem and thinks it is the climate control fan tapping against the plastic housing once it has been shaken free following a large bump, or in my case a cattle grid. Any advice will be great as i plan to go over the car now next weekend before renault are having it for a service - main dealers love to overcharge for petty problems such as this.

Cheers, Ben

clio (2003) 1.2 16v
If you have a sunroof then that will probablt be your best bet as it is a common problem in clio's. It will make a tapping noise due to vibrations. you can check this by pressing firnly on the sunroof frame while driving. If the tapping stops then the sunroof is your problem. Try tightening the bolts that fix the glass of the sunroof to the frame and car roof. You might have to peel back the rooflining to access them.