ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking sound

RenaultSport clio 182
hey guys got a problem with front wheels, wondered if you have any ideas on what the problem could be. setting off on full lock there is a loud knocking sound coming from front wheels/suspension, if i turn right it feels as if the wheels are skidding in the other direction for a second and the opposite for turning left, then i have to fight with the steering wheel to keep control, this only happens at slow speeds though, and happens more noticeabley when the car is cold int morning. taken it to dealers 3 times to have a look and the machanic cant recreate the problem, just keeps messing with the suspension. my uncle thinks it could be the bushes on the anti roll bar but the dealers dont take me on when i ask them to check it. anyone have any suggestions, thanx for any help.

RenaultSport clio 182
wouldnt really have a clue what i was looking for mate, do you reckon it could be the ARB bushes or more likeley to be something else?

wouldnt really have a clue what i was looking for mate, do you reckon it could be the ARB bushes or more likeley to be something else?

Could just be normal of the strup tops catching on the body shell (under the bonnet see if the stru tops catch on full lock there technical fix to repair it by Renault or there always the washer idea (see FredYozzasports thereard for details).