ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking on my 182

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

i have a slight knocking sound that is coming from the rear right of the car (i think) it seems to happen when the throttle is released and pressed, but it is not like a engine mount that happens when the surge is violent like 1st and 2nd gear this happens in 3rd and 4th when i am doing 30 or if i rock the car backwards and forwards with slight throttle.

anybody else had the same problem

BMW 120i Sport

Hmmm, ive only had the occasional knock in 1st/2nd gear (engine mount), not heard of a rear knock .... yet.

Does it happen over bumps, or is it a forward/backward motion (as in the engine mount knock)?

I have the rear knock.... mine is rear left. do you get it when going over bumps and going ito corners when the suspension is being put under pressure?.... or a t top os suspension travel going down or returning to top

think it is my shock absorber or somthing in the suspension? not sure got service on the 3rd of may see if they can sort it!

any ideas?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

the knock i have described above only seems to happen when going forwards and backwards it is like a metal on metal noise, as for going over bumps ie speed humps i get like a bang from the back but i think this is because there is no weight at the back.

silvercup shocks seem to be failing quite a bit on 182s at the moment i have read about a few on here, how many miles have you done?