ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking from the rear...

PH.2 'berg 172
Recently I have been hearing a slight knocking, doesn't sound like anything major, just if I hit a slight bump, or go round a corner at speed, every now and again I hear this knock from the rear...

At first I thought It might be the spare wheel being slightly loose and jumping about but I tightened that and I cant see that being the issue. (Might Take it out for a day or two to see if it is that)

Secondly the exhaust does seem to hang slightly lower than normal, but again I've checked under there (as far as I can without ramps etc) to see if brakets have broken, but i cant see anything wrong and the exhaust doesn't wobble etc when I push against it.

Im confused, just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience?

Or is it just because its French :rasp:

Cheers, Josh

V70 d5 beast
Sounds like one of the rear shock absorbers could be making the noise, if youcant see anything else.

bg 182 ff
Mate i have just had excactly the same problem it was my rear shock. everytime i went over a bump it was banging but i left it for a while thinking it was nothing. it got worse and the banging got nore frequent and not happing over bumps. i tried a clio 1.2 clio just to see if it was the shocker and it was so i bought a new one. therefore problem solved.

PH.2 'berg 172
Mate i have just had excactly the same problem it was my rear shock. everytime i went over a bump it was banging but i left it for a while thinking it was nothing. it got worse and the banging got nore frequent and not happing over bumps. i tried a clio 1.2 clio just to see if it was the shocker and it was so i bought a new one. therefore problem solved.

Can you remember how much a shock set you back mate?