ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knackered H&R's :(

ex-H&R'd Cup
I've noticed a knocking from the rear of my clio lately and looked under the rear driver side and my shock is leaking. This explains the knocking.

Does anyone know if i can buy a single rear shock or whether i need to replace the lot?

Also, if not, what would be recommended to replace them?

I was thinking about going back to stock shocks but as i bought the car with the coilovers on i'd have to buy them new.

Is this worth it or is it another set of coilovers???

White Sti Hatch
Id do the above but if you do come to replace just the shocks id do both sides as you never know a week later the other side might go !

ex-H&R'd Cup
I dunno. I've had nothing but problems with them to be honest. The top adjuster ring on the front driver side is seized and now this.

I'm not sure how many miles they've done to be honest.

Do H&R have anywhere to contact in england as they are a german company??

A rebuild would be good but i dont really know how much that will cost either.

Sorry im a bit of a numpty when it comes to fixing cars

ex-H&R'd Cup
Yup.

To be honest there a bit to hard for the crappy roads over here on the pisle of shight anyhow.

A Flamin' Red one
Yup.

To be honest there a bit to hard for the crappy roads over here on the pisle of shight anyhow.

I think you may have driven past me over the bank holiday weekend!? I was on the Isle waiting at some trafic lights by a Texaco (?) and a car of your colour boomed past me going the other way?

Sorry to hear about the H&Rs though. My advice would be to remove them if you've had nothing but trouble from them?

ex-H&R'd Cup
Yup.

I think you may have driven past me over the bank holiday weekend!? I was on the Isle waiting at some trafic lights by a Texaco (?) and a car of your colour boomed past me going the other way?

Sorry to hear about the H&Rs though. My advice would be to remove them if you've had nothing but trouble from them?

I saw ya mate.

Were you with another one silver 172?

Hope ya had a good time.

I'm still playing with the idea of goin back to standard. Dunno how much thats gonna cost though

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yep, they should be looked at a few times a year tbh. Before every Winter i make sure the collars arent seized, and give em a good coat of spray grease to keep the shite off the threads

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
MST (motorsport tuning) Or MSW (motorsport wheels) cant remember which tbh. If you dont have a receipt your fucked imo!!!! Get a new one sourced :)

ex-H&R'd Cup
Thats what i'm trying to do. Sent a few emails out tonight to a few places but i think the importer is gonna be the only one who can get one damper on its own

Weeman sucks ****
as before, ms tuning should be able to help you or give you a direct number to germany. failing that go direct yourself

but then no one listens to me

Maybe they all have you on ignore Chris.

They knock at the rear from new anyhow I'm told, leaking shock or not.

ex-H&R'd Cup
I've been direct to h&r but they said i'd have to contact mstuning so i'll give them a ring on monday.

Cheers for your help though people

i've had two sets and never had that either. My Gaz coilovers on the other hand sounded like I had the precussion section of a special school band camped between the rear beam and inner wheel houses at the back.

ex-H&R'd Cup
mstuning are bloody rubbish.

I phoned up today and the bloke said they were trade only and he'll get back to me.

Never did though.

I'm gonna have to phone up again tomorrow :(