ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

** Kiwi's 182 FF Arctic Renault Sport OEM Project! **

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Hello!

I got my first Renault last month and I am loving it! I always wanted a 182 as I just love the look of them so I saved up for a while and when I saw one near me (well 70 miles away!) I went to have a look and I bought it! Coming from a MK5 Zetec S is a big step up. From 20-40 I feel that the 182 is quite similar to the zetec s but before that and beyond that it is much faster!

I always like to keep my cars OEM or OEM+ so no rash mods are planned for the kiwimobile!

Below is a picture of my lovely MK5 ZS. I am currently getting ready to put it on autotrader!

23tkkz.jpg

Below is my FF 182!

2vak3us.jpg

I need to get a better picture! It's pretty crap quality tbh!

I really want some Turinis for it as I don't like the standard grey alloys.

List of stuff to do:

Washer Pump
Renault Sport Mats
Flat Wipers
Silvervisions
Spray Dash Trim Arctic Blue
Get a DAB Radio
A small stubby aerial
Raise the exhaust (the socket method)
Another Boot light with LED bulbs
LED bulb for number plate light
Clean rear numberplate
3/4 front number plate
Citroen Xsara Mist Washer Jets
Team Heko Wind Deflectors
Stainless Steel Engine Cover bolts
Spray engine inlets silver
Sand/rub down renault sport logo on engine top (so its polished chrome)
Skoda Splitter (Last one fell off)
Sparco aluminium pedals
Alloy footrest

So far I have fixed the washers as they did not work. After hours of investigation I bought a new pump off eBay for £7 and it worked a treat!

lgod2.jpg

Also have put the Alloy footrest in and it looks great! I also washed up the engine cover as it was all grubby and it came up well but i forgot to take some pictures!

Hopefully over the coming weeks/months I will update this regularly :)

Thanks for looking!

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Well!

I since the last post I have bought some
Renault Sport mats with the logo and blue trim
I've wired up and fitted another boot light
I also got some citroen xsara washer jets for £1.25 off eBay and they are now fitted and much better than the single jet spray ones!
I went to the scrapyard and got all the dash trim for £5 so I can spray arctic blue!

Next thing to do is probably a service and fit a DAB radio! I'm sorry for the lack of pictures I need to take some and they will be up soon!

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Well, a long awaited update is due!

I finally found some Trophy Turinis on here for sale and they were 180 miles away so I made the trip in my mates GOLF 1.8 GTI (he was getting it re-mapped in leicester). They were a very good price becuase they did have some marks on them. One of them has a 2 cm chip on the face and 1 other alloy has a slight curb mark on it. Apart from that they are perfect for what I want! They have continental conti sport 3's on.

Here is a pic of my 182 just before I started work changing them over!

IMG_1228.jpg

For a while I was trying to move the little alan key bolts on the wheel nut covers but they just would not turn! :mad: Then I realised they were for show so I just got a screwdriver and prized the cover off! :eek:

IMG_1229.jpg

It is really dirty in general so I apoligise for the filthiness! Didn't have time to clean all the arches so I will add that to my list of jobs to do one day!

What do you think?

IMG_1230.jpg

The previous owner of the Turinis had painted the diamonds yellow. At first I hated them but they have grown on me a bit! I have some Arctic Blue Spray Paint so I may just spray them blue or possibly grey. What do you suggest?

Next I swapped the standard radio for a Sony DAB700U Radio. I wanted a DAB radio because I was fed up of only Radio 1 & Kiss with average music. Now that I have over 50+ stations there is much more variety! I was also missing listening to my iPod so it has a USB and AUX input so I can plug that in! Not bad for £75 off eBay!

IMG_1232.jpg

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
I have always wanted to keep my cars OEM+ and I feel that this radio help because I can match the Display Colour of my radio to match the Renault "Amber" lights around the dash!

IMG_1234.jpg

Also, I put some sockets in my exhaust hangers to lift my exhaust pipes up a bit but one has slid off! I need to sort this out sometime!

IMG_1237.jpg

A few weeks ago I wired another boot light up as I felt that the light was quite weak in the boot at night. Both have a white LED bulb in so i can see all my mess in the boot now!

IMG_1238.jpg

That is all for now!

Well...Nearly!

I was driving today and I swear my exhaust was more boomy. It is a standard one and was replaced by previous owner. They dont last long do they! When I put my foot down now it sounds much more raspy. I actually quite like the sound but I will probably try and find the problem another day!

Next things to do are....

Service
Wind Deflectors
Top Mount Washer Fix

I have got a genuine Renault Oil Filter and Sump Washer and some Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 So I will try and do that before xmas as the oil now is a little too brown for my liking!

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Did a mini service today! I changed the oil and put on a genuine renault oil filter and sump washer. Oil was quite cheap at £30 for 6 litres so that's why I chose this instead of elf etc. Here are some pics of me doing it.

IMG_12401_zpsb3c4a848.jpg

First up once oil has drained is to take the old filter off! I was hoping it would come off easy and it did! It was just over hand tight so was pretty easy to get off.

IMG_12411_zpsfc9bc9b8.jpg

These are the bits I used!

IMG_12431_zpsf6c6d14e.jpg

The oil that came out was very very dark brown so I think it was about due a change!

IMG_12441_zpscc1993f7.jpg

All Done! All in all pretty easy to do! It was my first oil change and I thought I did ok! One mistake though :eek: I cut open a 5l container so the old oil could drain into it and I did not notice it didn't have a lid on it :quiet:! Suddenly my I saw this black treacle coming towards me!

I took it for a drive and i was quite shocked how different it felt to drive! It just pulled better and it was a tad quieter too.

Next up is to do a spark plug change. I might need to read up a few guides as I have heard that it is quite difficult to do. After that, I will probably do a quick gearbox oil change!

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• IMG_12401_zpsb3c4a848.jpg
    IMG_12401_zpsb3c4a848.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_12411_zpsfc9bc9b8.jpg
    IMG_12411_zpsfc9bc9b8.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_12431_zpsf6c6d14e.jpg
    IMG_12431_zpsf6c6d14e.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_12441_zpscc1993f7.jpg
    IMG_12441_zpscc1993f7.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 125
  1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
At the weekend I made an Induction kit for the 182!

After a lot of research on the different home-made methods of doing it I purchased 2 silicone 90's (in blue to match the arctic) and 1 alloy pipe connector and a C0131 Pipercross Filter.

Driving about up to 3200rpm there is no difference but as soon as you put you slam your foot down you can hear the air sucking into the filter and it sounds very nice! I drive like a granny most of the time but it's a good mod and puts a smile on your face when you fancy a blast! Cost £60 all in.

IMG_1271[1].jpg

IMG_12721_zps1fda5775.jpg

IMG_12771_zpsa1da4b29.jpg

and i also got some team heko wind deflectors. They rub a bit towards the back but I can live with that. I thought that they would stand out too much but they actually look quite subtle imo.

As well as team hekos, I got some renault sport plate surrounds but they are not on yet as I can't seem to find a way to get into them!

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Don't use the standard Renfault jack!
Haha I know why you've said this now! I was working on my car a few months back and I was using the original jack. Suddenly the jack let loose a bit and the car jolted down!

That s**t me up a bit so the next day I bought a 2.5T Trolley Jack and a pair of axle stands and they are much safer!

O

Oakley12

Changing the spark plugs is fairly easy! Just take the top inlet off. As simple as that tbh make sure you unplug the sensors rather than yanking them out of place.

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Been 4 months since the last update! I got the boomy exhaust sound fixed. There was a clamp loose and I took it to a garage and they just put putty round it and sealed it up. Now there is no more rasping and blowing :)

My wind deflectors are now sitting nicely, they no longer rub or catch. I think it just takes time for them to expand and get used to the window position.

I got some bosch aero flats

118qgw6.jpg

I went out at the weekend to get some pics with my mates golf!

2j152jo.jpg

fenaxc.jpg

I've also sprayed my dash trims in arctic blue. They have came out brilliant and I have put some decals on them. I only have a pic of the steering wheel insert atm but i forgot this is the newer version of the renault sport badge! Nevermind!

10h8w12.jpg

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Thanks guys !! :)

Yes, I wasn't sure either when I first got the turinis but they have grown on me. Now though, I hate them and want them chrome like the originals. I don't really want to buy 4 new centre caps so I might sand them down/primer them and spray them in chrome paint?

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Had a bit of free time today so I decided to give the clio a quick wash and de-tar! I got some autoglym intense tar remover a few weeks back and I am in the process of getting rid of all the tar spots along side the skirts and bottom of the car. For some reason, tar is just attracted to the bodywork :mad:!
2vcjgqx.jpg

I also took a pic of the passenger dash trim that I finished last week. I'm trying to keep the OEM+ theme and I think the decal goes well with it.

24o96aw.jpg

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Another update!

Today I de-tarred the other side of the car and now the car is nearly tar free! Today I decided to spray my front grill satin black as it was gradually turning to a horrible old faded grey.

I gave it 2 coats of white plastic primer then 2 coats of satin black. The grill was a nightmare to get off though! Here it is finished on the car!

2316wo.jpg

You can really compare the new colour to the old faded grey on the bottom grill.

Looks really good now and the front looks brand new! I will probably spray the other bits now (Fog surrounds and lower grill). I was thinking of spraying the lower grill on the car as that seems a pain to get off too.

Really recommend this small mod, only cost £10 in spray paint. I forgot to take a picture of under the bonnet, all the factory stickers are still on the grill as I masked them up :)

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Done a few bits today!

I changed the gearbox oil, very easy job and the stuff that came out was pure jet black. I don't think it has ever been done! I put 3 litres back in and took it for a drive and the gear changes feel a lot slicker now.

I also fitted the fix for the creaking on full lock. This was a 5 minute job which involved undoing top mounts and putting in a washer over the nut. Very easy and no longer creaks!

Now for the bad news...Well...not really bad but just stuff that needs to be done. I took my 182 to a garage to find blowing on my exhaust a few months back and they put paste round one of the clamps but unfortunately the paste has worn away and I can hear it again. So, on my shopping list is some exhaust paste as I really don't want to fork out for a new exhaust as they are £££ :(

Got 2 new tyres last week btw Yokohama S 195/45/R16 both for £120 fitted. Just need to get brand new rear discs and pads (OEM) and then it's in for its MOT at the end of June! Fingers crossed! Sorry for the lack of photos btw

Trophy #491
I've just made the same upgrade as you, Fiesta Zetec S to a Trophy. There is a nice power step up!

​Love what you have done so far as well :)

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
I've just made the same upgrade as you, Fiesta Zetec S to a Trophy. There is a nice power step up!

​Love what you have done so far as well :)
Yeah, when I first drove the 182 I was like "woah!". Got used to the power now though but still love it, although I do miss my zs :(

Cheers mate! I like keeping the standard theme. Trophy's are so nice! I need one of those spoilers!