ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kieran's Now Odyssey Blue Ph1 Project Pg.36 Onwards

BlackGold 182
Re: Kieran's Iceberg 172 Project

no worries mate. feel alot better than renault ones because as you say they just mash up and are useless!

BlackGold 182

Got the rear bolts fitted with the s**t alloys :)

Wire wooled threads first

8c12a04c.jpg

Now fitted

f552b0f6.jpg

Only fitted the rears just incase they aren't safe and work loose, been told they are 100% safe but for my point of mind I'll run it a couple of days with just the rear and keep checking

clio 172

I wouldnt have touched any of it ! I am not having a go btw. I love these cars I have one just I think that it looked better at the start of the pics and it got a little worse as it went on. :cry: each persons car is their own though buddy ! :)

BlackGold 182

Lol that's alright mate

2/3 weeks and it will be looking better than ever! You just wait :)

clio 172

I loved the look of it when you first brought it ! :) I didnt think any of the wheels ever suited it apart from the standard! ok will wait and see!

BlackGold 182

Lol yeaaa but standard 172 wheels are shocking! Turinis or 2118s everyone goes for, this time going a bit different but it has been done once before

clio 172

look forward to seeing it. See I am a little different I have 17"s on mine when i got the car and I will be sticking with them and hopefully get some new ones on there pretty soon. See thats not to everyones taste but I like bigger wheels on a little car ! And I like the standard wheels too ! :p

BlackGold 182

Yeaa I find 17s too big and ruins the handling on a great handing car but as you say each to their own:) but I do agree at the moment it looks shocking!

Update on the bolts I hae now driven about 50 miles and are as tight as I first did them up :) the bolts are only 17mm though so standard wheel brace won't fit to do them up

My lockers arrived today mate in black, just wondering weather to wire wool them like yourself... I only wanted them for the locking nuts in all honesty as they looked better quality than most of the tosh on ebay....

Looks like I'll be chucking the 17mm socket in with the torque wrench then!!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Did you get black ones from the same place sam?

I like the look of the tpi ones but I'm worried they won't look right on mine. Was thinking black or red, same as kieran.

White mx5 mk1!

You can get red ones from same place Kieran got his :p pretty sure that's what he said

I read reviews that the red can sometimes looks pink mate, so I'd only advise if your downgrading to a trophy :p

I just got a set of 4 anodised black lockers, but to be fair, paint looks like it will chip fairly easily... Polarised ones are the danglies!!

Edit, same place LINKY!! Delivered in less than 24hrs!!

BlackGold 182

Yeaa they're fairly good bolts a little bit longer than the standard ones but they seem strong too, the paint on them will chip in time but the locking bolts much less to chew up

I'd much rather have polarised ones!

And it's up to you Sam weather you take the paint of threads I just done it for my point of mind lol

clio 172

Yeaa I find 17s too big and ruins the handling on a great handing car but as you say each to their own:) but I do agree at the moment it looks shocking!

Update on the bolts I hae now driven about 50 miles and are as tight as I first did them up :) the bolts are only 17mm though so standard wheel brace won't fit to do them up

yeah thats fair enough, but having 17's doesnt really affect it like that as the car is good anyway! If I went on the track it would be different but I only use it on the road so i think they look cool ! guess you sold the standard wheels ages ago?

BlackGold 182

yeaaa the standards were sold long ago!! camber shims being fitted my adam172 on sunday :D so its getting closer :)

BlackGold 182

Me neither mate!! Will hopefully look epic in a couple weeks with new wheels on:)

BlackGold 182

Camber'd !! Thanks to adam! great stuff

2 degrees negative camber put on each side. just need the need wheels! soon!

61a281f5.jpg

BlackGold 182

only took him not long over an hour.

will be paying for the wheels next wednesday hopefully have them fitted by that weekend:D

CLIO PH1 172

reckon i could fit a set in way under an hour now though tbh (i need to sort my tools/tool box out lol) good to meet you though, glad your happy.

and as for tyre wear, i havnt noticed any what so ever, granted i dont do thousands of miles but iv had the shims on a while now and no uneven tyre wear what so ever, which surprised me.

titanium 182

Lovely looking car mate, just read throught the whole thread, love it!! How low are you front and back?? I liked it best with the turini's on, stance and wheels looked ace. Great work anyway mate!

BlackGold 182

Cheers people! Slowly getting there but still so many more plans as always!! Lol

BlackGold 182

I was hoping to Sam but unfortunately I can't :) I wanted to see the turbo'd clio! :(

BlackGold 182

Lovely looking car mate, just read throught the whole thread, love it!! How low are you front and back?? I liked it best with the turini's on, stance and wheels looked ace. Great work anyway mate!

thanks mate! i have no idea how low i am tbh, but it will be lower soon!

BlackGold 182

theyre good mate, thought might be bit dangerous, but done nearly 200miles and bit of hard driving and theyre all tight etc still!

secret

Looking really good mate :) keep up the good work and wi keep a eye on ur thread