ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kia Soul

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
We sold our Panda 100HP as it was getting too small for my little boy and all his tackle. My partner has always liked the Soul and tried to get me to buy one two years ago. So I decided to have a go in a Soul and I was impressed, probably because expectations were low.

I then found one for sale at a Kia dealer, 1.6 petrol, 4 years old with 27K miles and FSH so still a year to run on the warranty. A deal was done and I left a deposit. But I just couldn't get excited about collecting the Kia and actually owning it. I kept telling myself it was good value for money, safe and should be cheap to run.

We've had it a week now and I've driven it twice, it seems economical, build quality is good and there's plenty of space, in fact they are bigger than I was expecting when we initially went to have a look at them. It should make a decent family car, I'm still not sure about the looks though.

23BCD75C-DC57-4DA4-B825-7AD95BF76A34_zpsvvy6hcek.jpg

56D4D6DC-7337-487B-99F4-DD9937CBDF20_zpsnegmmerw.jpg

Last edited:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I've bought some new wheels for it, I think it will look better on 18's.

FD875627-5872-4A01-BFB6-B2311F7AEEDA_zpsawhuximm.jpg

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
The wheels have certainly improved the looks. I've just ordered a spare because I can't see it being long before she curbs one.

IMG_4191_zps460409bb.jpg

IMG_4184_zps67a7e41c.jpg

IMG_4182_zpse65620cd.jpg

IMG_4183_zpscf01b6f6.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks better on those wheels BUT it's still an ugly car, I'm sure it serves your needs well though, I rate the new batch of Kia's quite highly.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
I quite like these! (Is it okay to admit that?)

I would never own one, but its different from the norm ford cmax and so on :p

Good choice! :)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
They are decent value for money and I'm hoping it will keep her quiet for 5 years. It means that when I've finished renovating my house I can get something with just 2 seats to go in the garage that I've built.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
kias have come along way recently, family member had a Rio 1.4 diesel, very decent car tbf

Those wheels are exactly the same as an R26.R! Shame the PCD is different as I've found a supplier for £50 a wheel :(

I quite like these though, good choice.

225 Cup & Williams
Those wheels are exactly the same as an R26.R! Shame the PCD is different as I've found a supplier for £50 a wheel :(

Very close to R26.r wheels. Properly shite they are a different pcd isn't it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really like them. I think they look like postman pats van on steroids! lol.

Great family car imo.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They really are a good car. Hard to grumble with such a good warranty and reliability. Oh sadly you bought the wrong colour. :eek:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T

These are made by Borbet for Kia, I got them for £60 each and thought that was a good deal. That included centre caps and new nuts.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I really like them. I think they look like postman pats van on steroids! lol.

Great family car imo.

Hah, I can see where you're coming from.

They really are a good car. Hard to grumble with such a good warranty and reliability. Oh sadly you bought the wrong colour. :eek:

I like the colour, there wasn't a great deal of choice for the amount I wanted to spend. In the end it was a choice between this, burnt orange and silver. I pretty much chose this one on condition, history and mileage.