ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

keys locked in car...

CLIO 172 CUP....
car has locked it self and the keys are in the fuckin car.......

need help guys on how to get in the car...

thanks boys...

260% JCW
Try a metal Coat hanger, whilst pulling the door from the top. Don't think the Clio has deadlocks?

Clio 182 FF cup'd
may seem like a stuipd suggestion but try calling somebody mobile to mobile who has the spare key then get them to blip the fob down the phone.. hold the phone over the bonet in various places and fingers crossed the doors should open.. it travels on the same frequency as a mobile... PLEASE let me know if this works! :D

NonSport Clio
Get some plastic banding from off of cardboard boxes or pallets and fold it into a loop and shove it down in-between your window and the seal and try to hook and pull

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Try a metal Coat hanger, whilst pulling the door from the top. Don't think the Clio has deadlocks?

This is how the RAC got my keys out when I locked both sets in mine a few weeks ago. They opened the door by about 5mm from the top using airbags, but you could pull it with your hands and wedge something in it I reckon.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Smash passenger front, i had to do it on mine the other day. People give away the glass for free they are so common. Not to hard to replace once you are shown how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now Sold :-(
may seem like a stuipd suggestion but try calling somebody mobile to mobile who has the spare key then get them to blip the fob down the phone.. hold the phone over the bonet in various places and fingers crossed the doors should open.. it travels on the same frequency as a mobile... PLEASE let me know if this works! :D

This works. Have done it many times at work although may be bit late telling you that now.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Had the same problem a month or so back, got in by bending the top of the door out (Causes no permanent damage) getting a toilet roll centre (The cardboard bit) wedge it into the door gap and get a metal rod, push it through the cardboard not to damage the paint and press the central locking button on the dash.

You wont get it first time, you will need to be patient but this is what any locksmith will do. You will need a fairly long and reasonably strong rod.

The only way my Clio would lock itself, was if you unlocked it, didn't open any doors, and waited 15 seconds. Then it would lock itself. I never noticed any other combination of events that would cause it to lock. Opening the boot locks the doosr? SRS?

clio 182 black /gold

This works through CCTV. I was in my brothers shop and i tried to open the clio through the window of the shop it did not work. It did when i pointed it at the monitor.

The only way my Clio would lock itself, was if you unlocked it, didn't open any doors, and waited 15 seconds. Then it would lock itself. I never noticed any other combination of events that would cause it to lock. Opening the boot locks the doosr? SRS?

If the boot is open and the doors are shut it locks after 30 seconds ish

Sunflower Ph1 172
I've got a clifford alarm and immobiliser, so if I rev the engine past 3k and the doors are closed then it locks. This is what happened to me when I thought I heard a rattle and got out to check under the bonnet.

Rusty Cup
This works through CCTV. I was in my brothers shop and i tried to open the clio through the window of the shop it did not work. It did when i pointed it at the monitor.

Thats pretty funny i knew the phone thing worked but using cctv thats some pretty lateral thinking!! or the product of considerable boredom :D

1998 clio 1149cc
what i did was straighten out a metal coathanger, pull the seal out from around the drivers side window, heat the end of the coathanger and let it melt into the toggle on the door that comes up and down when you lock/unlock it (hope you know what i mean) once its set in just pull it up... a decent breakers yard will give you another toggle thingy for a quid, easy as to change it.... hope this is helpful to you mate =)

1998 clio 1149cc
pull the seal off the drivers window and try to get a grip on the toggle thing that comes up/ down when you lock/ unlock it... if you cant get a grip on it, melt something into it as its a really cheap part to replace... thats what i did anyway, hope it helps mate

White clique

blimey never heard this method before, quite amazing really!

If i get my keys locked in the car, or if i think i have left it unlocked, i simply ring BMW, answer a couple of security questions and they can unlock or lock it for me via satellite, and it costs me nothing :cool:

1998 clio 1149cc
it's alright for some isn't it :L but with a 13 year old clio you kinda have to resort to caveman tactics :L

If i get my keys locked in the car, or if i think i have left it unlocked, i simply ring BMW, answer a couple of security questions and they can unlock or lock it for me via satellite, and it costs me nothing :cool:

0845 number though?

CLIO 172 CUP....
well did it with a metal coathanger i hooked the key from the ignesion gived it a little pull and it come out then i just pulled it nto the top of the door..........;)

thanks guy for your help tho...:cool::cool::cool::cool:
IMG00546-20110712-1123.jpg

just need to go and get a bit of rubber from the scrap yard..

Sunflower Ph1 172

That is awesome... technically though they could hold you captive if they really wanted to, from anywhere in the world. Perhaps it's their plan to take over the world and lock all the important people in their 7 series'

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)

Mine locked with the keys inside even though I had opened the drivers door. I was having car battery issues, so I think the battery died and the locks engaged. There's nothing else I can put it down to really.