ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kenny's Kup

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Well I never managed to get any work done on the car last month but I did spend a lot of time looking at it and thinking long and hard about what to do with it.
I would have really liked to leave it sitting in the garage until circumstances changed and I was able to finish it but the way things are I can't even begin to guess at when that's likely to happen.

So it looks like it's going up for grabs after all.
I'd like to see it get finished by someone so selling everything in one go would be ideal but I know I would probably get more splitting it.

ah man this is a shame

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
ah man this is a shame

Sh*t happens I guess but life goes on. I've enjoyed the time spent building it, even if I didn't quite get it finished.

I don't really know what it's worth, hence why I've not put it in the for sale section yet, hopefully I don't get into trouble for sort of turning this into an advert

Shell
  • Built on a brand new Mk2 shell, shipped from the factory in France
  • Custom Cages T45 FIA spec cage, fully tig welded throughout
  • Extra T45 bracing to the bulkhead and strut towers
  • Rebuilt/modified strut towers and tubbed inner arches
  • Lightened where possible staying within the MSA rules (any potentially grey areas confirmed with the eligibility scrutineer by email, have all of these saved for reference)
  • Rear arches rolled and stretched slightly
  • CMC Composites fibreglass doors
  • Ultra lightweight fibreglass bonnet and tailgate
  • CMC Composites lightweight fibreglass cup rear spoiler (not painted or fitted)
  • Plastic 4 performance 4mm clear polycarb windows
  • Re-sprayed inside and out in Renault 369 white. (4ltrs of paint left for repairs)

Engine, Gearbox & Fuel
  • Brand new 182 engine
  • TTV lightweight billet flywheel
  • AP 7.25 paddle clutch with alloy cover
  • Sadev ST75-14 6spd sequential gearbox (standard Cup Racer Ratios) rebuilt prior to purchase, some used spares available.
  • Custom made cable operated gear lever with KA Sensors inline Load cell.
  • Electric power steering pump with proper swaged hoses and Goodridge fire-shield fitted.
  • GKN Motorsport shafts and CV joints +x2 spare CV joints
  • Standard plastic tank
  • Custom anti-surge chamber in place of standard pump and sender unit
  • Facet lift pump, alloy swirl pot and walbro 255 pump housed in sealed enclosure above the main tank.
  • Fuelab, pre and post pump filters
  • Goodridge 811 teflon lines and fittings
  • I also have a broken Sodemo F3 engine available with Pankl rods and billet crank.

Suspension & Brakes
  • Custom made Penske 3 way adjustable coilovers front and rear. Dimensions copied from the Bilstein units fitted to the original Cup Racers.
  • Custom made camber/caster adjustable top mounts, NMB bearings + spares. Have all the CAD drawings available for these.
  • Cup Racer front hubs with roll centre correction pins and spherical bearing lower pick ups + spare hubs, pins & bearing carriers.
  • Rear axle rebuilt with new bushes + spare modified and stiffened rear axle.
  • 10mm spacers on rear stub axles
  • Front wishbones stiffened and modified for extra castor. Powerflex Black bushes ( almost solid)
  • Laguna 60mm front calipers, Ex Cup racer, like new
  • Standard Clio Cup rear calipers, again like new
  • Clio Cup master cylinder and servo
  • Goodridge stainless steel hardlines and fittings
  • Brembo discs front and rear

Electrics
  • Custom switch panel
  • APEM toggle switches and indicators
  • ETA thermal circuit breakers
  • Amphenol 38999 Series connectors
  • Raychem type 44 throughout except for main battery and starter cables.
  • Gigavac GX14 battery isolator
The Electrics aren't finished but most parts and materials are there to complete. Also have all the CAD wiring diagrams including the pin-outs for the connectors which have been installed so far.
I had intended to fit a Syvecs S6 to the car so the wiring has been based around that. There is a mounting point for it on the bulkhead behind the dashboard.

Interior
  • Sabelt Titan seats (still in date)
  • Sabelt wheel with Lifeline quick release boss
  • Sabelt 6 point harnesses ( still in date I think)
  • Lifeline Zero360 plumbed in electric extinguisher

Wheels
  • 2 sets of OZ 15x7 wheels
The tyres are a mix of old slicks and wets, they hold air but are not usable.

There's bound to be loads of other stuff I've forgotten about but that should be the majority of it.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Just had a look through the last couple of pages of this and...wow, that looks blinkin' awesome. A real shame you have to sell it. Be interested in what you think it's worth. A car with a lot of potential there.

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
I could be way off the mark, but considering what a Mk2 Cup Racer still fetches, i'd like to get 10.5k. It wouldn't take a huge amount of work or money to get it running.

Just adding up what some of the main bits are potentially worth if it was broken

Gearbox, subframe, shafts, hubs etc, should fetch 5.5k-6k
Caged shell, all panels windows etc 2k
Suspension, top mounts etc 2.5k

10.5k seems pretty reasonable to me but I honestly don't know. What I do know is that there's a whole lot more than that gone into it!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I shouldn't think this will last long matey. Everyone can say it's overpriced till they're blue in the face, but if they really think about the kit this comes with and the work that has gone into it, 10.5k seems reasonable to me! A really shame I haven't got 10k spare otherwise I'd snap it up!

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
A big thanks to James Ash for posting this up on his Facebook page from which I subsequently got a huge amount of interest.
In the end it made sense to break the car into a rolling shell and other major components. The gearbox was collected during the week and the rolling shell went away yesterday.

I've still got a few bits left to sell, such as

Cup Racer front hubs complete with roll correction pins, studs and inserts to allow the track rod ends to be fitted from the other side.
Cup Racer Uniball holders
Cup Racer Front Calipers 60mm piston (No rust)
Std Clio Cup Rear Calipers (very clean)
New Renault hand brake cables, both sides.
Cup Racer Subframe and Sadev Engine and Gearbox mounts
Cup Racer GKN driveshafts and CV's
Rear axle with pure motorsport stiffening kit fitted (needs painted)
Cup racer 2 piece rear hubs and discs
Sabelt Titan Seat large x2
Sabelt Alloy seat brackets x2 sets
Brand New 182 engine
Brand New coil pack
Gigavac battery isolator
Varley 25 battery and bracket

Loads of other wee odds and ends, ill get pictures and make up a proper advert.

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
Link to for sale thread here Tony

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/clio-cup-race-car-parts.790659/#post-11054119

Most is now sold, or people have expressed interest but not sent money yet.

These are still available at the moment:
Subframe
Rear Axle
Rear axle bushes
60mm Front calipers
Omex crank sensors
Battery Isolator

I've also got a set of OZ F1 wheels, not been to collect them from my parents garage yet, will pick them up this weekend and take pictures.