ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keeps dying ph2 172

Monaco Blue 172
My ph2 172 seems to have developed a bit of an issue.
The other week, whilst driving (moreso under a bit of load) there would be hesitation, the car would then engage and carry on. First port of call was the TDC Sensor, that was changed on Saturday.

Took it for a test drive, drove slowly for about 3 miles, kept revs low, seemed okay, so I came onto a stretch of clear road and accelerated (not a thrashing, but substantial) and when the revs went up, the car just hesitated and died completely (which it hadn't done before)

Took several attempts to re-start and it did come alive (thankfully as I had no phone and was a fair distance from home) revs went sky high on starting, dropped down and I was able to get home, again, driving slowly it seemed fine, albeit you can sense there was a little power missing.

Recent work carried out on the car, other than the TDC sensor involved repairing an exhaust hangar as the mid-section had fallen off. Not sure if that's relevant.

Appreciate any help.

Regards db.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd get it plugged in to a proper diagnostic before spending money personally.

If you want to start at the cheap end and work your way up though, try plugs leads and coil pack. Genuine bits not euro car parts specials though.

Monaco Blue 172
A mate plugged it in to a simple MAC diagnostic tool, came up with a couple of codes (one was a red herring) and since the TDC no codes are coming up.
Will a Renault one pick up other stuff?