ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keep the clio or not........ opinions please

182 Trophy
As my girl has just left me, we are in the middle of dividing our assets.
Its looking like the most suitable plan is for her to 'buy out' my share of our flat, and part of our problem is retaining the Trophy.

The problem lies, that I am being offered the car. Unfortunately its in her name, and with a hefty 7 owners on a 55reg car, i'm a bit begrudged putting an 8th on it by putting it in my name.

So the problem lies, do I take the car, ignore the amount of owners and just carry on enjoying it.

Do I sell it quick (probably for less than its worth) before the insurance needs to be renewed.

What would you do?

53 Clio's & counting
IMO a large amount of owners does not mean a bad car - it's just short sighted people assuming it is a bad car that would cause a re-sale issue.

I had a 5 series BMW once with 19 owners - was it a bad car? Nope, did it drive any different than any other BMW? nope. Obviously some are 'bad eggs' , but doing the usual checks would find out 95% of issues with a car, unless there is any intermitant issue which would explain the amount of owners but that is unlikely.

appy with it mate, and the car is a good'un, then keep it

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
It all depends on how much you like the car. If you like it have it, if you like another car more than the Clio and that you can afford go for the other car

182 Trophy
I love the car, and its been proved to be a good one so far. My main gripe is she gets to live happily ever after and keep her home while im left with moving back to parents with no scope of moving out. So if the car is likely to stitch me up too then i'll part company.

My heads all over the place so rational thought isn't exactly my strong point at the moment.

Sport 182
If you love the car and it's a good one then keep it...at least your getting something good out of this.As for the x it's always like this at the start of a break-up but thing will get better with time...good luck mate.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Dont worry mate, its not just the car with a lot of previous owners that is getting less attractive as time goes on, its the bird that walked out on you too.

Keep the trophy, they are such cool little cars, and if you keep it in good order I really cant see it dropping in value any time soon.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I love the car, and its been proved to be a good one so far. My main gripe is she gets to live happily ever after and keep her home while im left with moving back to parents with no scope of moving out. So if the car is likely to stitch me up too then i'll part company.

My heads all over the place so rational thought isn't exactly my strong point at the moment.

While you're not thinking straight... let her keep the car and the flat but place a bomb in the car?

SWT

182 Trophy
You're right, I can't raise the funds to keep the flat. So thats not an option. She's got wealthy family to help her buy me out, so don't really have much of a choice.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
I think you've got to be a just a little bit hard nosed here as she is getting the best part of the deal with the flat. I assume the T is being offered as part payment against your equity in the flat? How much is that equity? What is the car being valued at? What realistically is it's true value and go from there.