ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keep or keep on pushing to sell??

Mk2 Ph1
Hi all.

Iv been trying to sell my 1.2 Mk1 Ph2 for a few months now but had no real interest. Its got a few problems but iv been honest about them but just have no spare time to sort them.

Is it worth keeping and maybe making into a project / 2.0l / track car or just scrapping. Ive advitised on autotrader and pistonheads a few times but its money down the drain if im getting no interest. Im not being impatient just keeping seeing it sat there and in a few minds what to do with her.

Ill pop the link on but just wondered what anybody thought i should do.

Cheers.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3348419.htm

RB 182
Break it, scrap it or ebay 99p no reserve.

Wouldn't bother with sticking a different lump in it as it will end up costing you more than just buying a quicker car in the first place.

You failing at trying to sell your car said:
The car currently has a starting problem but runs perfect. The immobiliser stops the car from starting but there is a couple of very easy way around the problem. I feel that the problem should stop if a new key is brought or if the ignition barrel is changed, i just dont have time to do this.

Now, how is that going to appeal to anyone? If you can't be bothered to get it fixed, what else does that say about you and what you've done to your car?

You're guessing at what the problem is. Would you buy a car like that?

The excuse of time is awful. You're busy every single evening? All weekend?

You've focused most of your advert on your mods. Nobody really cares about a bee-sting aerial. No mention of services/oil changes or having a new clutch/brakes/tyres.

You're aiming at bottom of the market, just passed their test type people. But then you alienate them all with no info and bad mods.

The wheels look horrific. Get rid of those. Take some good pictures. Get the problems fixed. Take out the other list of mods.

Finally, it's bought, not brought.

Mk2 Ph1
fair play for you honesty and your right, just trying to fob it off quickly and not bovering isnt going to help, thanks revels.

Clio 172
Now, how is that going to appeal to anyone? If you can't be bothered to get it fixed, what else does that say about you and what you've done to your car?

You're guessing at what the problem is. Would you buy a car like that?

The excuse of time is awful. You're busy every single evening? All weekend?

You've focused most of your advert on your mods. Nobody really cares about a bee-sting aerial. No mention of services/oil changes or having a new clutch/brakes/tyres.

You're aiming at bottom of the market, just passed their test type people. But then you alienate them all with no info and bad mods.

The wheels look horrific. Get rid of those. Take some good pictures. Get the problems fixed. Take out the other list of mods.

Finally, it's bought, not brought.

One that most people miss.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£750 for a faulty clio with 123,000 miles on it??

Its too expensive, thats why it hasn't sold.

You can buy non chavved up ones in perfect working order for less money.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Hi all.

Iv been trying to sell my 1.2 Mk1 Ph2 for a few months now but had no real interest. Its got a few problems but iv been honest about them but just have no spare time to sort them.

Is it worth keeping and maybe making into a project / 2.0l / track car or just scrapping. Ive advitised on autotrader and pistonheads a few times but its money down the drain if im getting no interest. Im not being impatient just keeping seeing it sat there and in a few minds what to do with her.

Ill pop the link on but just wondered what anybody thought i should do.

Cheers.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3348419.htm

Thats not a Mk1!! its a Mk2 Ph1!

Ibiza FR Edition
I had a similar problem with the key on my 1.2 16v, I think the board inside the fob was knackered, so I had to press the key in whilst I turned it occassionally to disengage the immobiliser. Wasn't worth the £150 odd Renault wanted to charge to fix it when it really caused me no problems, I made the new buyer aware of this when I sold it as well.
But it looks too expensive.
I just sold my 1.2 16v ph2 in red with 94k for 750. And it was in excellent conditon for it's age and I had maintained it regardless of cost, completely standard. I probabaly sold it a little cheap but it was to a family member and I needed to get rid for the 182.