ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keep Losing the back end

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
Bottom line is, tyres, struts blah blah blah... whatever! Slow down, I think speed is more your enemy along with your driving style! ;)

C

Clio1.6Rxe

Iv lost the back end twice on round abouts in the wet only going about 15mph the tyre pressures are fine and the shocks are fine as iv just had the MOT done last week so i am not sure what it is but when im going into a corner in the dry aswell you feel the back end trying to slide out The only thing i can think it is. Is iv got nankangs on the back but have loads of tread on there as again just had the MOT done anyone know what it could be?
I wouldnt put nankangs on a push bike never mind a car! If you want to drive fast get premium tyres imo

clio 182 black /gold
I bet you have a leaky rear damper. this happened to me and my passengerside had blown.

B

Bucko

My car came with b rand new budget tyres on the rear and they cost me dearly when i lost it on a wet corner :( The first thing i did when i got the car back from the garage was put 2 Contis on the rear and it's like a completely different car now.

Obviously check your shocks and pressure and drive more sensibly in the wet without lifting off part way through a corner but if you still lose it at slow speeds then you really need to get rid of those Nankangs before you regret it

PH2 172
Iv lost the back end twice on round abouts in the wet only going about 15mph the tyre pressures are fine and the shocks are fine as iv just had the MOT done last week so i am not sure what it is but when im going into a corner in the dry aswell you feel the back end trying to slide out The only thing i can think it is. Is iv got nankangs on the back but have loads of tread on there as again just had the MOT done anyone know what it could be?
I wouldnt put nankangs on a push bike never mind a car! If you want to drive fast get premium tyres imo

The Nankangs were already on the car when i brought it 10 months ago and the tread is still amazing i think might wait till they wear then put some michelin PE2s on the back same as the fronts.