ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Karting in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Right if we do a le mans style event it will cost £30 each if we have teams of 4. I will try and get the price down a bit but it would be good if i could have an idea of who wants to come and if everyone is happy with the venue.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Right if we do a le mans style event it will cost £30 each if we have teams of 4. I will try and get the price down a bit but it would be good if i could have an idea of who wants to come and if everyone is happy with the venue.

Okay, who is up for karting then...names down, then we can decide on a date and a type of event. Once we have numbers, we can go from there. :)

Karting

1. Don

Id want to know dates and event type before committing. Also which circuit have you decided on? Couldnt work it out scanning back through.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Id want to know dates and event type before committing. Also which circuit have you decided on? Couldnt work it out scanning back through.

We haven't yet decided...I'm trying to see who is up for it first, to make sure the organisation is worth the effort. It needs to be enough for the event to go ahead.

Yeah I get that. I should of explained, I'm away for a lot of April and dont fancy doing a lemans style race again, did that with the burpspeed day and it was good but not for me, am too fat, unfit and bad at karting lol. I also don't mind too much if I miss this one so if you pick something that suits great, if not I won't mind too much :D

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Don, I understand you're trying to get a rough ideas of numbers but with no provisional date you could get 20+ people show intrest and only 5 be able to make the date.
I should be okay to sort it out with work for most april dates but would want to check that before comitting, I'm certainly interested though.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Don, I understand you're trying to get a rough ideas of numbers but with no provisional date you could get 20+ people show intrest and only 5 be able to make the date.
I should be okay to sort it out with work for most april dates but would want to check that before comitting, I'm certainly interested though.

I think provisionally...we should consider (subject to it being available) the weekend in April after Easter Sunday which would be 14/15th April.

How would that sound for people...smack bang in middle of the month???

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm interested, along with my girlfriend, she's never done go-karting before. Saturday would be better for us as no booking off works required.

But. If its a Sunday it shouldn't be too much trouble.

I'm not keen on the le mans style either :-/

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I think provisionally...we should consider (subject to it being available) the weekend in April after Easter Sunday which would be 14/15th April.

How would that sound for people...smack bang in middle of the month???

Yeah I can do the Sat 14th as it is and if it was to be the sunday and was sorted in the next week or so I could probably book the day off.

Provided it's a Weekend, I have no doubt I can make it. :)

1. Don
2. Cotball.
3. Madgit (Adam)
4. martin182
5. sarah (drift king ^^marts partner)
6. Tom

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm not keen on the le mans style either :-/

Why not? It means guaranteed time in the kart...rather than those who are better getting longer and those who aren't as skilled (or unlucky) get less driving time. Least if its say 60 mins per team and each team has 3 members, its 20 mins each...much better than a couple of quick blats and nothing more.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Why not? It means guaranteed time in the kart...rather than those who are better getting longer and those who aren't as skilled (or unlucky) get less driving time. Least if its say 60 mins per team and each team has 3 members, its 20 mins each...much better than a couple of quick blats and nothing more.

I guess your right there don. Didn't look at it in that sense. I'm up for that then, benefits me more as I'm rubbish at go-karting. ;)

Personally, I wouldn't stress over the minor details guys. The whole point in the meet is to get together, half a laugh, talk crap about cars and race some go-karts.

Don't get me wrong, but is the structure of the races that big of a deal right now or do we just wanna organise some bad kick-ass-karting and a good old car park chin wag?

Just get your names down yeah?! :p

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Looks awesome. A one minute lap is serious! :D

I can see arms aching after a few laps of that.

The one karting track I would LOVE to do is www.speedkarting.co.uk but its in Warrington (3 levels of track per lap!) but there is no way I can see us lot wanting to go that far up North for a karting session.

I've heard great things about Speed Karting. Might be worth the trip one day - for those who are more dedicated, that is...

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
That raceway is a really good price.

Exactly...I want to make sure we get our money's worth...for a lap being over 1 minute in length whereas Cannon in Coseley is just over 20 seconds says something. They also say they've got new karts which also sounds good (depending on when the site was updated). What do people think of this 'raceway' as I think it could be a good one. Just waiting on their email back...plus, if we do it on a Sunday...its classed as off peak so is cheaper. :approve:

RS6 C7
£20 for 30 mins is a very good price at raceway. It would be good :)

Speedkarting looks awesome too! , I'm well up for anything.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
£20 for 30 mins is a very good price at raceway. It would be good :)

Speedkarting looks awesome too! , I'm well up for anything.

Speedkarting is up in Warrington which is a serious trek away...would need to dov that as a multi region thing in future...

This is from Arran on 197.net

Full Throttle Raceway in Stourbridge, I have been to numerous times because the price and format are very good. You get qualifying and then a big race, with printed lap times, positions and medals at the end. The track is indoor, but is quite tight and short.

There's a place open in Halesowen recently called Wheelspin.

Just FYI. :)

Yeh i know the place in halesowen but it looks very small, I'm still swinging towards the 1 min lap place

120d M Sport
IF you've not chose a venue yet, me and 10 mates did Canon Raceway a few weeks back for my birthday. It's located in Coseley just off the Birmingham New Road. Really good indoors track we thought, with 10 people it came to £300.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
IF you've not chose a venue yet, me and 10 mates did Canon Raceway a few weeks back for my birthday. It's located in Coseley just off the Birmingham New Road. Really good indoors track we thought, with 10 people it came to £300.

Last time we were at cannon (and I have been there 3 times in past), it was poor. They were really arsey and made the experience crap overall. Have a look at The Raceway, Cannon's laptimes are just over 20 seconds per lap....the place that is chosen is around the minute mark!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.