ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Karting in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Right,

I want to organise karting as the next meet, but I only know personally Cannon in Coseley, Wolves. I'm after any other places we can do which would be good for everyone. Obviously prices will vary, but would be looking for it to be a Saturday or Sunday, indoor or outdoor (but bear in mind that weather could be an issue). In order to book it (wherever we choose), I will require a deposit and I've been doing this for a while, so rest assured you wont lose your deposit from me. This doesnt have to be limited to just CS either...non CS members are welcome too, but will have to pay a deposit same as rest of us (probably around £10).

Let me know some details such as date (In April just bear in mind Easter holiday will be busy I suspect) you would like to do...location and prices so I can work the magic....any places that do discounts are better :rasp:

Thanks in advance.
Don

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be up for this Don.
Full throttle in Stourbridge are pretty good, nice chaps, been there quite a bit including in a large group for my birthday.

Hi Martin, good to hear that you're up for it. I'm looking for recommendations so that we're not going in blind. Cannon used to be good...but last time we used them....they were being a bit funny, so want to try somewhere else. :)

Yes Don as i said on saturday at chester when i went last year to cannon they were very arsey and alot of pikeys knocking round on the carpark. i shall go where everyone else goes.

Cheeky username change also used to be rockers182;)

I like the look of that b'ham wheels one,m harvey how did you nearly kill yourself lol

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yes Don as i said on saturday at chester when i went last year to cannon they were very arsey and alot of pikeys knocking round on the carpark. i shall go where everyone else goes.

Cheeky username change also used to be rockers182;)

I like the look of that b'ham wheels one,m harvey how did you nearly kill yourself lol

Git...didnt realise it was you Mart. Although you noticed my name change to Just 'Don'...

I'm after people's experiences with karting places in the region...does any one have any experiences with them? (Sure Sir Fred and Sam of BTM will be along shortly with their pearls of wisdom) :)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
m harvey how did you nearly kill yourself lol

The Karts were bloody quick, I belted down the long straight and then slammed on the anchors last minute to try and get round my brother, next thing I know I hit the tyre wall and the nose dug underneath it, nearly ended up with a few tyres through my teeth.

The Karts were bloody quick, I belted down the long straight and then slammed on the anchors last minute to try and get round my brother, next thing I know I hit the tyre wall and the nose dug underneath it, nearly ended up with a few tyres through my teeth.

Flol at least i know to keep away from you lewis

Either of the two weekends below for me Don

Saturday 14th or sunday 15th
Saturday 21st or sunday 22nd

At Birmingham wheels

Monaco Clio 172
ive also been to f1k and it was a good day out. but if birmingham wheels is outside then im down for that

Lee

BMW M2C
I've done indoors with electric karts with teamworks karting recently. It was okay.

I also did Birmingham wheels a few weeks back. Couldn't fault it.

Doubt I'll be able to make it though. We've already booked another GP there.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Either of the two weekends below for me Don

Saturday 14th or sunday 15th
Saturday 21st or sunday 22nd

At Birmingham wheels

Sat 14th or Sun 22nd are best for me. Either of other two from above I'd nneed to know in the next week to try and book off.
And I vote for bormingham wheels/grand prix too.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Full throttle at Stourbridge is good. I went there last year. Although I came last. Was still good fun.

Also think indoors is better regarding the risk of weather etc.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Am up to trying these other tracks mind. Let me know the dates. Saturday is preferably better for me at minute

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Whilton mill?!? Proper karting circuit! I only have experience there with 2 stroke stuff though so not sure what they are like with 4 stroke stuff, the track itself I recon is one of the best! First corner is epic!

I've done indoors with electric karts with teamworks karting recently. It was okay.
I can vouch for teamworks too - I just couldn't remember there name, so didn't mention them. Silent go-karts - it was good fun.

Although - it's street parking at Teamworks...

WRX
Any time, any place, any where.:cool:
As long as it's a weekend.

Just a suggestion but my cousin runs JDR karting only problem is it's in Gloucester!
But if the group decided it's okay I could try to sort a good price but obviously it's a bit of a treck. So I'd be fine if we stayed more local.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

I know the senior race director there so i am currently finding out some prices and stuff, will let you all know what i find.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
teamworks is only good for drifting as the polished concrete floor and 100% at full throttle karts are drift bitches. which is actually quite fun, especialyl if you can get a manji going on down the back straight!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm in 100% but dnt wana say any where incase it's s**t!!

Dan...any experiences are welcome as dont want to try somewhere and it be a pile of crap when one of us already knew how bad it was beforehand...

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Any time, any place, any where.:cool:
As long as it's a weekend.

Just a suggestion but my cousin runs JDR karting only problem is it's in Gloucester!
But if the group decided it's okay I could try to sort a good price but obviously it's a bit of a treck. So I'd be fine if we stayed more local.

If we can get a good price and decent numbers...it can be put in as a suggestion.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I know the senior race director there so i am currently finding out some prices and stuff, will let you all know what i find.

Si...let me know what we can get for one weekend day in April. The more discount, the merrier ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Tell us all when you're not here so we can book it for then. Give us all a chance!:cry:

Serious dieting needed as well I think on my behalf.

No mate...the skinnies can carry ballast, just like those with extra fat/muscle have to...

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Si...let me know what we can get for one weekend day in April. The more discount, the merrier ;)

Speaking to the sales team tommorow, going to find out all the options and events we can do.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Full throttle at Stourbridge is good. I went there last year. Although I came last. Was still good fun.

Also think indoors is better regarding the risk of weather etc.
Iv been to alot around this area and iv always thought full throttle has been the best! Good track, good carts, sound blokes who work there!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just got this email, will be talking properly with them next week

Birmingham - Indoor state-of-the-art venue featuring the fastest fleet of indoor karts in UK, licensed bar with raised view of track, conference room and trackside catering area.

Open Grand Prix (weekend special) @ £36.95 inc VAT per driver. Practice, 5 heats per driver plus grand final for top 8 drivers. Prizes for top 3 drivers.

This is the price for racing on a Sunday Open Grand Prix Heats @ £46.95 inc VAT per driver. Practice, 5 heats per driver plus grand final for top 8 drivers. Prizes for top 3 drivers.

This is the price for racing on a Saturday Open 'Le Mans' 120 @ £149.95 inc VAT per team. Practice/qualifying + non-stop 2-hour 'Le Mans' race for up to 8 teams. 2-5 drivers per team. Prizes for top 3 teams.

Open 'Le Mans' 90 @ £119.95 inc VAT per team. Practice/qualifying + non-stop 1½-hour 'Le Mans' race for up to 8 teams. 2-5 drivers per team. Prizes for top 3 teams.

Arrive & Drive @ £29.95 inc VAT per driver. 30 minutes of racing (4 x 7.5 minute race sessions)

Status
Not open for further replies.