ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Karcher K2

Clio 182 - RB
Just ordered a Karcher K2 pressure washer from karcheroutlet for £30 which I thought was a bargain! Can anybody recommend me a good snow foam lance and snow foam? :)

BG Clio 182
Just ordered a Karcher K2 pressure washer from karcheroutlet for £30 which I thought was a bargain! Can anybody recommend me a good snow foam lance and snow foam? :)
The CYC one or clean your car one is really fantastic. Easily as good as the Autobrite one.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-pre-wash/cyc-snow-foam-lance/prod_1296.html

ENSURE you get the KARCHER fitment [emoji28]

And for snowfoam there's a few.

I really like cannot fault the own brand here:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/super-snow-foam-5-litre/prod_370.html

Magi foam is quite recommended although I feel that yeah, it does work well but it over suds and requires everything it touches to be washed which is a ballache.

These are both PH Neutral I believe, so won't strip waxes and sealants. Just done mine today, using the above kit. Awesome.

Don't buy a cheap shitty lance or the karcher one as it's a waste of money.

Don't forget the code 'CLIOSPORT05' for 5% off too.

Clio 182 - RB
The CYC one or clean your car one is really fantastic. Easily as good as the Autobrite one.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-pre-wash/cyc-snow-foam-lance/prod_1296.html

ENSURE you get the KARCHER fitment [emoji28]

And for snowfoam there's a few.

I really like cannot fault the own brand here:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/super-snow-foam-5-litre/prod_370.html

Magi foam is quite recommended although I feel that yeah, it does work well but it over suds and requires everything it touches to be washed which is a ballache.

These are both PH Neutral I believe, so won't strip waxes and sealants. Just done mine today, using the above kit. Awesome.

Don't buy a cheap shitty lance or the karcher one as it's a waste of money.

Don't forget the code 'CLIOSPORT05' for 5% off too.

Legend, thanks for your help! Much appreciated :)

I have bought the same one just before christmas. Great jet wash for the price. All works perfect and i got a patio cleaning kit with mine by mistake lol Also have the autobrite lance and magifoam that work very well together! Absolute steal for the price.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Seen very mixed reviews on that site.. still tempted mind. I only need a new lance but just as cheap!

Clio 182 - RB
Are these any good mate? £30 seems a bargain

Not sure yet as it takes a few days delivery.. I also got the extended warranty for £5.99 (just incase) then postage so all in was about £42. I've read some really great review so in my eyes it was a bargain I wasn't going to miss!

Clio 182 - RB
I have bought the same one just before christmas. Great jet wash for the price. All works perfect and i got a patio cleaning kit with mine by mistake lol Also have the autobrite lance and magifoam that work very well together! Absolute steal for the price.

Exactly my plan of action! Hopefully they give me some free goods ;)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I had one for about 18 months that I used for mobile jobs, it's clearly a budget washer but it works effectively and there is nothing wrong with it, especially for £30!

Recently upgraded it for a K4 Compact which is far superior and is built very well, saying that, it costs about 6x the amount so it should be!

For occasional use, you can't go wrong!

Listerine & Poledo
Got one of these for the old man at xmas. £100 with car and home attachment kits (feels like a rip-off now lol)
The Karcher foam lance is actually fine, as much as CS will tell you that it does nothing but make soapy water.
The key element appears to be which foam fluid you use

BG Clio 182
Got one of these for the old man at xmas. £100 with car and home attachment kits (feels like a rip-off now lol)
The Karcher foam lance is actually fine, as much as CS will tell you that it does nothing but make soapy water.
The key element appears to be which foam fluid you use
I've used the snow foam 'lance' and it's absolutely s**t! If you have only ever used this glorified bottle then I can see how you'd think it was good.

If you have used a proper lance thiugh you'd see just how desperately s**t the karcher ones are :(

Golf R
We have the K2, there are after market lances that come with bigger bottles and fit straight on to the Karcher Lance. ;)

Listerine & Poledo
I've used the snow foam 'lance' and it's absolutely s**t! If you have only ever used this glorified bottle then I can see how you'd think it was good.

If you have used a proper lance thiugh you'd see just how desperately s**t the karcher ones are 😧
Just as I expected.
Whatever fella, it works fine for someone who wants to wash their car, not fap themselves into a coma taking photos of how they wash their car. "oh, oh yes,yes, oh the foam, yes...oh look at you, yeah, you're bad beading aren't ya..mmmmm"

I have used "the proper ones". Plenty of times. The difference isn't massive...that said, it could be that Ants old foam lance was crippled.

BG Clio 182
Just as I expected.
Whatever fella, it works fine for someone who wants to wash their car, not fap themselves into a coma taking photos of how they wash their car. "oh, oh yes,yes, oh the foam, yes...oh look at you, yeah, you're bad beading aren't ya..mmmmm"

I have used "the proper ones". Plenty of times. The difference isn't massive...that said, it could be that Ants old foam lance was crippled.
Oh dear. The cheap karcher lances fail at their function. They don't produce foam. The nature of snow foam is to make a thickish foam to help bring the s**t off the car.

You don't get beading when using a lance anyway. You're very uninformed and to anyone who is informed your argument makes no valid point except making you look daft.

There is no possible come back to the lance is s**t, you'd know this if you'd ever used used a proper one which you clearly haven't.

Oh and for people who 'just want to wash their car' these people don't bother with snow foam. They use one bucket and 'clean' this way. You're clearly wanting something good if you're turning to snowfoam and more complex processes and pre washes so buy something that works.

Listerine & Poledo
Pretty sure you don't know me.
But I've had no trouble getting a decent foam using nothing but fairy liquid and that Karcher nozzle.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Oh dear. The cheap karcher lances fail at their function. They don't produce foam. The nature of snow foam is to make a thickish foam to help bring the s**t off the car.

You don't get beading when using a lance anyway. You're very uninformed and to anyone who is informed your argument makes no valid point except making you look daft.

There is no possible come back to the lance is s**t, you'd know this if you'd ever used used a proper one which you clearly haven't.

Oh and for people who 'just want to wash their car' these people don't bother with snow foam. They use one bucket and 'clean' this way. You're clearly wanting something good if you're turning to snowfoam and more complex processes and pre washes so buy something that works.

I'm exactly one of the people he described so, yes, we do exist...and guess what...the Karcher lance works fine for me too.

It produces a clingy foam, clingy enough to hang on long enough to soften and loosen what's caked onto the car...and as @Goodj says, it's all about what 'foam' you use.

Get something decent, it works well enough, but you're never going to get loads of "cor, s'mazin" comments on a detailing forum if you're so inclined to take and post pictures of your cleaning process.

BG Clio 182
Pretty sure you don't know me.
But I've had no trouble getting a decent foam using nothing but fairy liquid and that Karcher nozzle.
Fair enough if that's how you like to do it! Nothing against that really if used correctly but certainly not as a regular shampoo, anyway if you have good results and you're happy then good for you :)

Listerine & Poledo
Oh, some of that Turtlewax afterwards too... the one with the colour in it?
Looks brilliant, every time, covers up all the little stone chips n junk.

BG Clio 182
Oh, some of that Turtlewax afterwards too... the one with the colour in it?
Looks brilliant, every time, covers up all the little stone chips n junk.
Haha no problems mate. If you get good results who am I to question it! Try a glaze for covering up any s**t you don't like :)

Honda & VW
Just as I expected.

You are wrong of course!!

A proper Lance is leaps and bounds ahead of the Karcher style "lance", it's like saying a hose pipe is pretty much as good as a pressure washer.

Now you are clearly either A) moderately daft, B) like to try and wind things up or C) a sad little troll so A & B

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
You are wrong of course!!

A proper Lance is leaps and bounds ahead of the Karcher style "lance", it's like saying a hose pipe is pretty much as good as a pressure washer.

Now you are clearly either A) moderately daft, B) like to try and wind things up or C) a sad little troll so A & B

Did @Goodj not accept in an earlier post that a pricier lance is better than the more basic standard Karcher lance?

Your post seems to be arguing about exactly how much better the pricier one may be? Which is wholly subjective, no?

...and that makes him a 'sad little troll'?

LOL

Honda & VW
Did @Goodj not accept in an earlier post that a pricier lance is better than the more basic standard Karcher lance?

Your post seems to be arguing about exactly how much better the pricier one may be? Which is wholly subjective, no?

...and that makes him a 'sad little troll'?

LOL

You also think the Karcher lance is good, so you can join the club son

LY 200 EDC LUX
I use a k2, kindly donated by my nan. Great bit of kit tbh. Don't see how a £200 pressure washer could be any better for what we use it for.

20150202_120620_zps56d1584e.jpg

LY 200 EDC LUX
By the way, I posted that picture because the comments about foam earlier in the thread made me laugh!!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
This was me using cheap nasty Demon snow foam...I've not filmed a session with Magifoam but the foam thickness and how long it clings is night and day different. With a good foam solution the Karcher lance works more than well enough...

BG Clio 182
This was me using cheap nasty Demon snow foam...I've not filmed a session with Magifoam but the foam thickness and how long it clings is night and day different. With a good foam solution the Karcher lance works more than well enough...

I can see, definitely why you're happy with that! It doesn't seem terrible really! You do get a much more clingy foam though using the Autobrite or bigger lances.