ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

kangoo snaped cam belt 1.9d

197 cup/ 172
hay i have just bought a kangoo x reg 80k on the clock 1.9d 8v with a snaped cam belt just wondering befour i go and strip the cylinder head off an see the total damage. dose any one know where to get a set up guide for the belt or dose anyone have one? (more for setting up the diesel pump)thanks

Audi A5
i dont have a guide as such but i pretty sure you will have to line up the pump with the cam pully via marks on the belt. hope this helps.

197 cup/ 172
so in all there are 3 timing marks on the belt and they only need to line up with the timing marks on the pullys?crank should be ok as i have the locking pin.chears mate sounds quite an easy set up.

197 cup/ 172
hay thanks for the help.so i striped the cylindar head off and found the camshaft has snaped:banghead: an also a jurnal has snaped causein it to grove the cam seats.my thinking is should i buy a compleate head with everything or dose any one have a compleate cylindar head they mite be selling?

E36 M3. 182
Might be worth sticking a new (running) engine in, id imagine there would be a fair amount of debris in the oil system after that.....

Clio 172
Might be worth sticking a new (running) engine in, id imagine there would be a fair amount of debris in the oil system after that.....

I'd go with this plan, you could rebuild the head to find out that it isn't the only issue, least witha running engine you won't have an ongoing list of problems.

197 cup/ 172
i have draind the oil and looks prity clean suprised the cam wasnt shatterd just looks like its split.was considering that but not worth the cost trying to do a cheap fix to use as a run about and possibly sell but now thinking go to the scrappys get a cylindar head strip at my work new valve stem seals bang it on with a new belt and chance it haha.