ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New and 1st time Clio Owner

Renault Clio Express
Afternoon all,

We have just bought our 1st Clio, the other half has always wanted one. So we picked up a 2006 Clio Expression with only 72k on the clock for £740, it's not perfect but is a lot of fun to drive in the lanes.

So far we have just done the usual service stuff, full service, cam belt, water pump, new discs and pads and new tyres.

We will need to change the front struts soon and the A/C will need re-gassing.

I'll get it polished and put some photos up soon [emoji106]

So I was wondering is there anything we should look out for and are there any sensible easy upgrades.

I'm generally pretty handy with the spanners so happy to have a go myself.

Thanks

David

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

I'm tempted to say that it is best to get it in tip-top running order and then just leave it - upgrading usually means swapping parts from other models or compromising one aspect over another, which can cost in labour if you are not doing it yourself, and you would never make it match a RenaultSport model (if that is what you might want to aim for).

It's a great drive at a great price - use it and enjoy it! :)