ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4m throttle body upgrade

renault logan 1.6
Hi everyone

My name is omar & this is my first post in this forum. I have a logan 1.6 16v (k4m) engine & i will install nitrous system soon. I want to change the throttle body with a bigger One, i am thinking of putting f4r throttle body to my engine. My throttle body is drive by wire(electronic TB). So my question is:

1- wich throttle body i have to buy.

2- does it need any custom fabrications.

3- do i have to remap the ECU to get the gains or it will increase the power without remaping the ECU.

Thanks.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I am not familiar with that specific engine, but IME on renaults the throttle body isnt normally too small, I suspect a bigger one wont help as the rest of the inlet will probably still restrict it.

renault logan 1.6
Yes It,s a wet system but i didnt get more details about the nozzle jets. It will be 75 regulated shots with a progressive controler. Bmc ota airbox & supersprint exhaust manifold with exhaust cutouts for maximum flow.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Im assuming you dont have a way of retarding the ignition on your ecu when you have the nitrous going in?

If so, make sure you jet it on the rich side and use a decent octane rating of fuel, as detonation is a real risk with larger shots of gas.

renault logan 1.6
The nitrous will be regulated with a smaller shots at low RPM to a higher shots at high RPM regarding to a stock dyno run + 17% increase to the total run value for calculating approximate flywheel bhp to know the amount of shots that i need to spray in the whole RPM range based on torque calculation formula.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes keeping the amount of nitrous consumed per cycle of the engine down is key to reliability, so less at low rpm is the way to go, the increase the flow from the nozzle at high rpm as the induction stroke timebase shortens so less milliseconds of flow from the nozzle per turn of the engine