ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec throttle bodies?!?!

ITB'd 182...
hi all. have only just noticed these on k-tec's website and to me these might be what i have been looking for

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2478

it seems a good price to me(i no nothing in this area) but would like some of your thorts. also they claim it can be fitted in a day which is good for me as i need the car daily.

i would love TB's but cant justify spending 5k at gdi if this kit will give me what i want. THE NOISE :evil:

comments appreciated

2003 Clio 2.0L 16v
as far as i know the GDI kit is somewhere around the 3.5K mark and not 5K.
Also the GDI ones are DTH (Direct-To-Head) TBs meaning there is no intake manifold between the TBs and the head. K-tec ones are not like these and require a manifold.
not saying which one is better or worse, just sorting out what u wrote...
you can also get some bike TBs, space them to suit ur engine, then get some1 (or urself) to build a correct manifold to fit and install that. you would need some more parts like an aftermarket management and loom and map it urself (or with some1 who knows what they are doing). Should be much cheaper, but involves you working on it as a DIY project rather then put ur car at the garage and pick it the next day fully ready. Some info can be had here - http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/itb/index.html
Thats a good place to start looking into DIY throttle bodies, even if its for a jap honda.

ITB'd 182...
cheers fella. i say 5k as they say 3.5 on theyre website but thats without cams and shortend rad so buy the time you pay for that and new belt/pulley....
i was pretty sure foxon off here had the kit and was sure he said around 5k.

what about the single TB kit from gdi?

Last edited:
  megan R26.R number 006
this kit is the same setup as the gdi kit (at power)boddys or so i have been told by David it also comes with a ruff map to get you going